The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I feel absolutely shite today :rolleyes:
You been mixing yer drinks, again. Or summat eten?

12boy

Guru
Sorry to hear about the physio changes that are setting the Mrs Daves back. Yesterday was pretty brutal for Mrs 12 who had a liter of pleural fluid removed and couldn't do much after but lie around. She was only able to eat 1/2 bagel and a 6 oz yoghurt drink all day. Hopefully better today. It will be considerably colder today with frost tonight. I will get a ride in this morning, though.
Classic 33, I don't read Gracie the Dog's tweets as I nose not how. The mini crossbows were made with a 6 inch piece of grooved oak board with a bamboo cross piece at one end. Rubber bands in lieu of cord aided the propulsive power of the bamboo. We used little shafts of bamboo and straightened out safety pins and then bent the catchy part back 180 degrees so the bamboo could be jammed into it, resulting in a bayonet type point. They could easily stick into soft wood at 4 yards. Store bought toys were unavailable in 1950s India and there was no TV so we made our own toys. Now I have bicycles.
In Denver Colorado the fans practice "Bronco" religion and have tailgate parties at the football stadium where BBQ grills are employed and serious drinking and eating precedes the games. This occurs in Laramie Wyoming as well where people drive hundreds of miles for the university football games even though the Cowboys (team name) are not very successful. Are tailgate parties a thing in Britain as well?
As far as language goes I think that our primary mode of evolution these days is linguistic. We aren't changing physically so much but how we think and the language we use to think in certainly is. You feel me, dude?
Here some pics of creatures around my place... the bird on the rail is a redwing blackbird, the one on the lawn is one of our robins and there are a few antelope browsing in the afternoon.
Be safe and well.....

Attachments

• PXL_20210507_224046506.jpg
    PXL_20210507_224046506.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210506_223416968.jpg
    PXL_20210506_223416968.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210507_201841184.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210507_201841184.NIGHT.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 5
D

Deleted member 1258

Sorry for being 3 days late but I forgot to remind you then that Napoleon died on May 5th 1821, 200 years ago.
That's it, that's me done for today now. :hello:

Blimey, don't time fly when you're having fun. ^_^

postman

Legendary Member
The day gets worse.After drying out the cupboards and wiping down the underside of the granite work tops,i have found a leaking pipe just near the stop tap.We have the sound of constant running water.Now all of the pipework cannot be seen and i think the little leak is above what we can see from the cutout in the back panel of the kitchen unit.Monday might be a very interesting day.Trouble is we don't have a plumber on our house mending list.Heating engineers,builder small plumbing job bloke a mate of mine.But this might need units taking out and disturbing the granite work top on one side.Oh Monday is going to be fun as maybe the rest of the week,that's if we can find a plumber to come out at such short notice.

Top Bottom