The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
That is a very fair price. It's always struck me as odd that some people raise an eyebrow at paying a qualified Plumber /Electrician/ Gas engineer, with all the overheads of running a small business, personal liability insurance, certification etc, etc, a decent hourly rate, but will hand over double the amount for an annual car service where the apprentice " technicians" are given the service jobs and the chargeable hours billed are often double the hours worked.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
I've been awake since 06.00, it's bright ish out side, but there was an early shower of rain.
All I have planned is a Zoom meeting with my friend in Perth, WA this afternoon.
The Giro is on the telly also, so will watch that.
An early dog walk will start the day off before breakfast.
Another busy day in paradise :cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
That's cheating!!!
You sneaked in while I was posting :sad:.
He's behind you!

D

Deleted member 1258

One from my facebook page this morning.

1620543732371.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Showers and bright intervals with still a brisk southerly wind. Thermometer outside tells me it is not cold at 9.8C but inside the house the wind from that direction seems to creep in somewhere and cool the place down. Since I have a solid fuel stove in the living room there has to be by law some fixed ventilation which is in a south facing wall.
Never realised just how many holiday houses there must be around where I live. Over the last couple of weeks there has been a massive increase in fancy cars passing my house all the time. No idea why they have to keep driving around constantly. Probably the climb back up puts them off going anywhere on foot.

Top Bottom