The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Right then, what do you think of that:
I washed all parquet floors, hoovered the lounge, dusted all the important places, watered the indoor plants, put the new duvet on and made the bed, emptied the bins and put new bin liners in, packed my case and Molly's, had my lunch and now having a cup of coffee.
Who is a good boy then? ^_^

Nice try, but, I guarantee, it will not be unto Mrs G's standards. ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Not many men actually wear "delicates".
Numnuts or Oldwheels maybe but not many others :rolleyes:
The's summat missin!

12boy

Guru
Went for my 20 and spied this 5 ft bullsnake sunning along the bike path. Bullsnakes are part of the Racer family and this one could really zip along. I took one picture next to my Brompton so as to provide a sense of scale. These snakes eat small mammals and deep fried mars bars...ok not the mars bars. They kill their prey by strangulation, like mini pythons. I like em and unlike garter snakes, which are abundant here, they don't stink. Sometimes one will find our garden and decimate the mouse population.

Attachments

• PXL_20210514_201541082.jpg
    PXL_20210514_201541082.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210514_201558049.jpg
    PXL_20210514_201558049.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210514_201719805.jpg
    PXL_20210514_201719805.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 5

classic33

Leg End Member
Went for my 20 and spied this 5 ft bullsnake sunning along the bike path. Bullsnakes are part of the Racer family and this one could really zip along. I took one picture next to my Brompton so as to provide a sense of scale. These snakes eat small mammals and deep fried mars bars...ok not the mars bars. They kill their prey by strangulation, like mini pythons. I like em and unlike garter snakes, which are abundant here, they don't stink. Sometimes one will find our garden and decimate the mouse population.
Why'd you fold the wheel in, suppose you needed to make good your escape?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Up at silly o’ clock yet again so as well to enjoy the peace and quiet and have a bimble. Sky looks dodgy with some black cloud so better just take the clunker of a hybrid again as it has full mudguards in case it chucks it down at some point. I ate far too much yesterday again and feel fat and unfit. :sad:

Wonder how many more interesting threads will be destroyed today. At least we seem to behave reasonably in here apart from the odd underwear problems! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

Wait till they go to bed and it will be pay back time! :laugh:

They're still going now, its been on since eight last night.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning. Up at silly o’ clock yet again so as well to enjoy the peace and quiet and have a bimble. Sky looks dodgy with some black cloud so better just take the clunker of a hybrid again as it has full mudguards in case it chucks it down at some point. I ate far too much yesterday again and feel fat and unfit. :sad:

Wonder how many more interesting threads will be destroyed today. At least we seem to behave reasonably in here apart from the odd underwear problems! :laugh:

Sympathy, it's a horrible feeling and one I've had for too long during the last 12 months or so. We will see. I was interested to see one member with rather brutal views going on to comment on a subject elsewhere he/she couldn't have any knowledge of.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Dull and overcast here which is a darn site better than the forecast. Today? Well life is full of excitements? We are going to view Mrs P's new car which has arrived at the dealer, I will be a very poor man by around 11.00am. Later I have to resolve more friggin' tyre issues. Mrs P borrowed my car yesterday and had a puncture - she did phone me about this while I was 40 miles away at a café in Delamere Forest. I'm not sure what I was supposed to answer to the question "Does your car have a spare tyre?" "Look in the boot" didn't seem appropriate. We are still speaking. So it will be Kwikfit for the car tyre and the LBS for my tubeless issue. Did I mention a buddy had an issue with tubeless yesterday? It took three experienced (we think so) cyclists 45 minutes to change a tube! :eek:

Granddaughter will be here for the afternoon. I'm hoping she will not dissolve in to tears every time I get close - that's been my experience so far. :sad:

I'm going to doze.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning. Dull and overcast here which is a darn site better than the forecast. Today? Well life is full of excitements? We are going to view Mrs P's new car which has arrived at the dealer, I will be a very poor man by around 11.00am. Later I have to resolve more friggin' tyre issues. Mrs P borrowed my car yesterday and had a puncture - she did phone me about this while I was 40 miles away at a café in Delamere Forest. I'm not sure what I was supposed to answer to the question "Does your car have a spare tyre?" "Look in the boot" didn't seem appropriate. We are still speaking. So it will be Kwikfit for the car tyre and the LBS for my tubeless issue. Did I mention a buddy had an issue with tubeless yesterday? It took three experienced (we think so) cyclists 45 minutes to change a tube! :eek:

Granddaughter will be here for the afternoon. I'm hoping she will not dissolve in to tears every time I get close - that's been my experience so far. :sad:

I'm going to doze.
1. Serious question as I may have missed the point but........why does a tubeless tyre have a tube in ,
2. No 1 grandson and me just did not hit it off immediately after he was hatched. By coincidence MrsD was talking about it yesterday. He must have been 18 months old when things just clicked. We have been close ever since and he is 25 now.

Top Bottom