The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good .morning.
Well they promised rain and......guess what......it's piddling down.
Listening to SoTS while debating whether to do an early Aldi dash. The Coop is nearer but in this weather I have to start the car up anyway.
MrsD has a big decision and I really feel for her. Since coming home on Wednesday she has lived in one night dress. She knows she needs to wash and change but the means actually stripping and seeing the operation results.
That goes for me also as her arm movements are extremely limited which means me doing virtually everything.
Ahhh if only I was John Wayne I could just get on with it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
They’ll be feeling a bit fragile about now, time for you to put on a bit of classic opera played very loudly so you can enjoy immersing yourself. You could even put it on repeat and forget to turn it off when you go out on the bike for a few hours.
But that would be bitchy !!!

Yeah......get it on^_^

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
I was woken during the night by the sound of torrential rain, but when I woke this morning I wasn't sure if I had dreamt it. Looked out the window and it has been hissing down so probably not a dream. Mrs Tenkaykev is feeling ok after her follow up jab yesterday, she self medicated with a large glass of Aberlour last night which probably helped🥃. Yesterdays IKEA construction was a bit challenging, there was a recessed screw which the body of my screwdriver was too wide to reach, I popped round to the local Hardware shop which I discovered is closed on Friday 😮. Daughter popped to Homebase and came back with two very long screwdrivers, it was the work of seconds to tighten the screws. Mrs Tenkaykev arrived back from her Jab having stopped at the cake shop en route 😀,Watched several episodes of "Sarah and Duck" before heading home. Quite a busy day, but I prefer being busy.
Have a peaceful day folks 😷🚲

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

New neighbours made an appearance yesterday but didn't appear to move in. Maybe they will do so over the weekend. :scratch:
Got a few things to get ready for our getaway tomorrow.
Sounds like it's chucking it down out there - haven't looked yet - so doggie walk might have to wait a while.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all. It's raining as promised, and the cats don't look happy. :rain:

Dog walking to be done and a trip to the local grocers and butchers for a few essentials are the order of the day. I might watch the FA cup final if I can not find any thing else to do.

Our daughter is coming over this afternoon, MrsP and her have decided they want a Chinese takeaway tonight from a particular place near us . So no cooking today. :hungry:

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

pawl

Legendary Member
Good morning. Dull and overcast here which is a darn site better than the forecast. Today? Well life is full of excitements? We are going to view Mrs P's new car which has arrived at the dealer, I will be a very poor man by around 11.00am. Later I have to resolve more friggin' tyre issues. Mrs P borrowed my car yesterday and had a puncture - she did phone me about this while I was 40 miles away at a café in Delamere Forest. I'm not sure what I was supposed to answer to the question "Does your car have a spare tyre?" "Look in the boot" didn't seem appropriate. We are still speaking. So it will be Kwikfit for the car tyre and the LBS for my tubeless issue. Did I mention a buddy had an issue with tubeless yesterday? It took three experienced (we think so) cyclists 45 minutes to change a tube! :eek:

Granddaughter will be here for the afternoon. I'm hoping she will not dissolve in to tears every time I get close - that's been my experience so far. :sad:

I'm going to doze.

JAs my long departed dad would say.Well son it’s only flat at the bottom.:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mmmmm......this porridge is nice after my bimble. 30 miles which is just a nice distance for me these days, especially on the hybrid. The rain held off but it was a bit chilly.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sympathy, it's a horrible feeling and one I've had for too long during the last 12 months or so. We will see. I was interested to see one member with rather brutal views going on to comment on a subject elsewhere he/she couldn't have any knowledge of.
I used to work for somebody who loved to provoke fights involving other people and he just sat back to enjoy the show.
I must confess I feel a bit guilty as I originally put up a comment which led to the "Glasgow Riots" which while taken up on a new thread by others seems to have got legs and led to lots of shouting.
Not my intentional at all.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I used to work for somebody who loved to provoke fights involving other people and he just sat back to enjoy the show.
I must confess I feel a bit guilty as I originally put up a comment which led to the "Glasgow Riots" which while taken up on a new thread by others seems to have got legs and led to lots of shouting.
Not my intentional at all.
I didn't even go there! My views wouldn't have gone down well with the lefty do-gooders! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all. It's raining as promised, and the cats don't look happy. :rain:

Dog walking to be done and a trip to the local grocers and butchers for a few essentials are the order of the day. I might watch the FA cup final if I can not find any thing else to do.

Our daughter is coming over this afternoon, MrsP and her have decided they want a Chinese takeaway tonight from a particular place near us . So no cooking today. :hungry:

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:
I am planning to watch the FA cup final. I have no real favourite (maybe Leicester) and I think** it will be a good, entertaining game.
**I have been wrong before ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started off bright and sunny but is now clouding over. Nothing planned for the day but if it is not too cold the Bishop Weed beside the garden path needs removed.
I notice from my window I seem to have an albino bluebell which I must investigate further.
Must also start taking more pictures of the amazing variety of marine craft passing up and down the Sound.
Yesterday evening a sinister grey thing which seemed all angular went past. I did not think it was any faster than the ferries but others who saw it seemed to think it was really racing down.
There are also casualties like the large French trawler with the wheel house flattened by an enormous wave off Barra Head. It was towed in here by a sister ship as we had a French Consul [yes really] to await a tug to take it back to Brittany.

Top Bottom