The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
I'm having trouble waking up this morning.
I had some strange dream about being chased by a man with poison snakes at the back of the house we lived in 40 years ago. Then having trouble getting over the footbridge which crossed the main road nearby??

The weather forecast is mixed for today, sunshine and showers. :rain::sun:

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Congrats to @gavroche and his missus for putting up with him :laugh:

I managed a decent, if slow run. Cool but a very pleasant morning here.

Lee_M

Guru
Morning all.

Nice and sunny in North Wales which is a nice change

Woken up by the dog at 3am, as he won't go outside in the dark on his own (how do I end up with dogs like this!), Then woke up with a stonking headache, luckily I have 100s of dihydrocodeine on the cupboard that were my late mothers.

I know you shouldn't take or keep other people's prescription drugs, but they're the only painkiller that touches the sides when I have a bad head, and I know if I handed them in they'd only get binned, so keep them for such emergencies.

Anyway now that's receded today's job is to paint the bird box I made from old off cuts last week. I'm quite proud of it as my woodworking ability is about the same level as my flying ability

Attachments

• 16211550668654286317386222634712.jpg
    16211550668654286317386222634712.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ goes to bed at 0400 ??? and gets up at ????
Well, I am not actually up but I was woken up by a phone call from my bubble pal just before 10:00. She was tucked away in the attic room here when I went to sleep but she had done what you lot do - woke up at silly o'clock and got bored by about 07:00. She had packed up and gone home so she could work on her allotment today. Just thought she should let me know... :wacko:

It is a bit late to be going back to sleep but I am in the twilight zone now - awake but not alert. Curiously, I won't feel properly rested unless I go and get some exercise.

It looks like it will be OK until mid-afternoon so perhaps I'll do a ride earlier rather than later.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning all.
I'm having trouble waking up this morning.
I had some strange dream about being chased by a man with poison snakes at the back of the house we lived in 40 years ago. Then having trouble getting over the footbridge which crossed the main road nearby??

The weather forecast is mixed for today, sunshine and showers. :rain::sun:

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:
Challenging times ahead?
You entered any pub quizzes, or setting quiz questions?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Challenging times ahead?
You entered any pub quizzes, or setting quiz questions?
That's a no to the above.
Life is sweet at the moment. Kids are away and independent, no worries here.
Subliminally obviously there is, but I don't know what.:okay:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
All this talk of weird sleeping patterns in here........I suddenly came over all tired not long after my breakfast and went for a lie down. Think I actually dozed off a couple of times. Should nip it in the bud though or I will end up awake all night and wanting to sleep during the day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Should nip it in the bud though or I will end up awake all night and wanting to sleep during the day.
:whistle:

In fact, I just dozed off after my breakfast, lunch, er, brunch!

Damn - the forecast has changed while I snoozed. Heavy rain showers expected from 14:00 now.

I'll finish catching up, and maybe just do a quick singlespeed tour of the town before the rain arrives. Lidl and Aldi are both doing nice bags of spinach/watercress/rocket for under 60p. I might pick one up for tonight's salad.

classic33

Leg End Member
:whistle:

In fact, I just dozed off after my breakfast, lunch, er, brunch!

Damn - the forecast has changed while I snoozed. Heavy rain showers expected from 14:00 now.

I'll finish catching up, and maybe just do a quick singlespeed tour of the town before the rain arrives. Lidl and Aldi are both doing nice bags of spinach/watercress/rocket for under 60p. I might pick one up for tonight's salad.
Not long since it stopped here.

Top Bottom