The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well the young people who got out of the car along with the middle-aged people may have been children........once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away.
Illegal aliens you mean!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good evening. As you know, we are going back to Wales on Wednesday so the plan is to go and see our daughter's new house tomorrow ( only from the outside though) and the Range in Exeter on Monday plus pub meal on the way back. Mrs G wants a new three piece suite which she is going to show me. I agreed to buy it for her if I can buy my new Trek as it will probably be the last bike I ever buy due to my age. :blush::rolleyes:
May be I should have a go at the lottery tonight?

The Rover

Guru
Afternoon.
I haven’t posted for ages, no specific reason although COVID, ( a bit rough for a couple off weeks ), the vaccination ( a bit off colour ) and a desire to get off the internet for a while are I suppose behind it.

Ive still managed to continue with stalking @PaulSB , I bumped into Paul at the LBS, caught up with him quite innocently whilst on a ride, coincidently I was using one of his routes I’d nicked from strava and then I read he was covering the bar at his local club. By pure chance I’d be invited to go fishing the same day with a friend as my son wanted to give it a bash, I didn’t know the exact location until I picked him up, only the bloody fishing lake next to the club!
No offence Paul but I was relieved not to see you..... although my son caught a roach, a tench and 6 trout. Not bad for the first tIme.

I hope everyone’s well.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice sunny evening here but just been looking at the webcam at Craignure pier 21 miles away where it is clearly raining heavily as ferry about to depart for the last sailing of the day.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Apologies for keeping our tubeless sub thread going, I will accept full responsibility if the nobbers and Richard heads find us .
Yes, I'm sure you're correct Mo. If I go back to tubes one criteria will be the wheels are not tubeless ready...........................I suspect this will be extremely difficult to find.
This is my concern .When I eventually get round to buying my new bike. (Ribble cgr maybe) , I want to carry on with clinchers. This maybe a problem as the cycle industry seem determined to push us into using tubeless.
Would highly recommend Spa Cycles. They will build them pretty much to your choice. The ones on my Sabbath are lovely.
So thanks to Mo. For reminding me There's always Spa Cycles, To cater for the needs of cycling Luddite's like me.

D

Deleted member 1258

Apologies for keeping our tubeless sub thread going, I will accept full responsibility if the nobbers and Richard heads find us .

This is my concern .When I eventually get round to buying my new bike. (Ribble cgr maybe) , I want to carry on with clinchers. This maybe a problem as the cycle industry seem determined to push us into using tubeless.
I suspect you're right, we may get to the point where most people are on tubeless and clinchers are rare.

12boy

Guru
I not only have tubes I have a spare tire around my waist. It is a Dunlop....as in my belly done lop over my belt. Went for a ride after working on my gravel path for an hour or so. When all the mud and gravel is cleared out I can then enjoy putting new gravel in. The ride was nice as I went on a different route than customary. There is a spot that sometimes has these tiny, beautiful, blue orchids but if they will come up they haven't yet. I had hoped to include a pic of these little beauties but you will have to settle for my gravel path work in progress.

Attachments

• PXL_20210515_162156572.jpg
    PXL_20210515_162156572.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20210515_162216514.jpg
    PXL_20210515_162216514.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 4

classic33

Leg End Member
I not only have tubes I have a spare tire around my waist. It is a Dunlop....as in my belly done lop over my belt. Went for a ride after working on my gravel path for an hour or so. When all the mud and gravel is cleared out I can then enjoy putting new gravel in. The ride was nice as I went on a different route than customary. There is a spot that sometimes has these tiny, beautiful, blue orchids but if they will come up they haven't yet. I had hoped to include a pic of these little beauties but you will have to settle for my gravel path work in progress.
You'd not be telling porkies on those flowers now, would you?

Top Bottom