The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Confession time.
Our new pool is 8 foot long and deep enough to wallow in.
The garden is totally private.
In it (for fun) I put some floating ducks......25 years old from when the grandkids were little.
So......there I was in the nude and MrsD decided to take a photo.
So......I collected the ducks and (i thought) covered my bits.
When we got in she sent photo to son and daughter.
It was only then Iooked at the photo and noticed the obvious ie MrsD hadn't checked make sure all dangly bit were covered.
My daughter claims she is traumatised ^_^

Poor girl. She may need counselling for that :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Poor girl. She may need counselling for that :laugh:
I know..........imagine the horror of seeing a worm in the paddling pool :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
I feel a bit crap. As you may know, ive been fitting a new garage roof and yesterday I thought I might finish the job if I gave it one final push.

I didn't finish, but spent too long in the sun and feel pretty crap this morning, headachy and a bit sore in the muscles so reckon I got a touch of heat stroke. Ill take it easy today, keep well hydrated and will finish the job tomorrow when its forecast to be a little cooler.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
A better night sleep and it feels a tad cooler this morning. I ordered a book from the local library a couple of months ago and had completely forgotten about it until I had a text message yesterday to advise that it was ready for collection. The book is "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir, a follow up to " The Martian ". I'm enjoying it, it's a bit " Sciency" but I like that. The book is in in hardback and having got used to reading on my E reader, it feels so heavy, plus I can only make the text appear larger by moving my eyes closer to the page 😄
Have a good day folks 😎

pawl

Legendary Member
I know..........imagine the horror of seeing a worm in the paddling pool :laugh:

Better than a python :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning folks,
A better night sleep and it feels a tad cooler this morning. I ordered a book from the local library a couple of months ago and had completely forgotten about it until I had a text message yesterday to advise that it was ready for collection. The book is "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir, a follow up to " The Martian ". I'm enjoying it, it's a bit " Sciency" but I like that. The book is in in hardback and having got used to reading on my E reader, it feels so heavy, plus I can only make the text appear larger by moving my eyes closer to the page 😄
Have a good day folks 😎

My eyesight is def going. I thought you said the book was called Hairy Mary. :blush:

Top Bottom