The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Yesterday was a day off,we went to the RHS show at Tatton Park,and very nice it was too.Today I am waiting to go back to the garden centre,we did not buy enough pebbles for this back garden.I know why should we sort out a rented garden,well we want Miss P to have somewhere to sit outside on a nice day.She had her first meal there last night,she took a photo and thanked us for the table and chairs.In August we are going to Edinburgh for two days,train booked hotel booked one Graduation ceremony to go to.😀.I am going to have a couple of fine malts to celebrate..

classic33

Leg End Member
I know..........imagine the horror of seeing a worm in the paddling pool :laugh:
How'd you know that?

MetOffice says it will be even hotter here today

and the Thunder and Lightening that they were promising yesterday has gone

looks like going for a ride today may be off

Good news - some stuff is arriving to try to get rid of stains and black spot on the patio and drive
the overhanging trees dropped all sort of sap and stuff

so that project can restart - previous attempts have failed
This project also involves part of of
"The Great Shed Move"
which terminates with the building of "The Great New Shed" which is arriving next week

So it is probably good that the stuff is arriving early!

Tenkaykev

Guru
I took the road less traveled to our local post office and was astonished to count eight caravans on various front drives. There used to be a couple of them but it seems they are proliferating. I know a couple of forumites are experienced caravan owners and towers, but I can see that there may well be a fair bit of traffic chaos caused by the novice towers.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I took the road less traveled to our local post office and was astonished to count eight caravans on various front drives. There used to be a couple of them but it seems they are proliferating. I know a couple of forumites are experienced caravan owners and towers, but I can see that there may well be a fair bit of traffic chaos caused by the novice towers.
Few motorhomes too. 3 just in this street.

D

Deleted member 1258

We're down the club.

Still cool and damp here, no sign of the sun as yet.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Very pleasant visit to Berry Pomeroy castle this morning. The last medieval castle to be built in England - 15th century.
Followed by a very entertaining lunch at The Star Inn - bar full of Devonians, Brummies and Geordies. A lot of inappropriate banter, good food and fine ale - what's not to like? :biggrin:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well that was a busy AND expensive morning :wacko:
Taxi to hospital £8.00
Taxi to take MrsD to the hairdresser and me back home £10.00
Then I had to drive to the clinic for hearing aid batteries.
I then took a gamble and parked on double yellows to pick MrsD up.......got away with that one.
Post office for the aunties pension.
Haircut
Back home now, sat in the shade enjoying a beer.

Dave7

Legendary Member

classic33

Leg End Member
Well that was a busy AND expensive morning :wacko:
Taxi to hospital £8.00
Taxi to take MrsD to the hairdresser and me back home £10.00
Then I had to drive to the clinic for hearing aid batteries.
I then took a gamble and parked on double yellows to pick MrsD up.......got away with that one.
Post office for the aunties pension.
Haircut
Back home now, sat in the shade enjoying a beer.
How dear is the beer?

Top Bottom