The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WAY to damn hot here for a ride

SO I stayed indoors and then worked through a few little job that I could do out of the Sun

Once the SUn had moved round I got my bike out and gave the whole drive system a damn good scrub
The gears/chain/cassette/chainring had started jumping again and examination showed a lot of muck glued together with oil/grease/whatever

So I took off the chain guard, chainring/rear wheel and dismantled the derailleur and dumped all I could in an old takeaway tray filled with degreaser

then scrubbed everything else with an old toothbrush

and wound the chain through a chaincleaner severl times

Then tried to re-assemble the derailleur

YUP - one bit missing - only one bolt

why is it that taking apart any system that has any level of complexity results in either

something missing

or

successful completion - but 2-3 bits left over???????

missing bolt was discovered after an unreasonably long time attached to a magnet which was on an old corner beef time thay I use to clean small bit BUT HADN'T USED TODAY!!!!!!

just goes to show - supernatural forces happen

and they have a perverted sense of humour!!!:eek:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Friday is set to be warmer.

Not here it isn't, thank god:laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Felt like I slept a bit better last night. Took the fan through to the bedroom and I think the combination of the cool air and the white noise effect helps.

Another overcast and murky start before the sun breaks through later again.

Better attempt an early bimble after my cuppa. Not very enthusiastic but hopefully be fine once I get going.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Difficult nights sleep last night. Another night of having to change pj tops due to sweating so much.
Another hot one today:wacko:
I will have a shave and shower before it gets too hot. Then "WE" are supposed to go shopping at 0800. Should be interesting as MrsDs clock doesn't start till 0830.
AND........
What has happened to the weekend weather forecast ??? It was supposed to be thunder storms with heavy rain.......now its dry all weekend.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
Mrs Tenkaykev tells me that she was woken during the night by the Police helicopter. I slept the sleep of the just and was blissfully unaware.
Popping in to Poole at lunchtime to collect my new specs, it’s been a bit of a saga but they’ve finally arrived.
I’m planning to cycle down and do a bit of supermarket shopping, I’ll check out how busy things are and give it a miss if it’s too busy. ( yesterday I had to drop off a small parcel at the local Post Office, I was the only person out of about half a dozen who was wearing a mask )
Have a peaceful day folks ☀️😎

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning folks :hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
Another hot day ahead, forecast to be a couple of degrees lower than yesterday. :heat:
I have a telephone appointment with the doctor this afternoon. I had my blood pressure checked a few weeks ago and it was a little bit high. The nurse also wanted to arrange blood tests, but that has to authorized by the quack, hence the 'phone call today. I feel a slight change in lifestyle coming on.

Out with the dog shortly and a bimble on the bike after that.:bicycle:

Stay cool everyone :cuppa:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Yay! It's Fish Friday :hungry::cheers:
Off to visit Hembury hill fort this morning, then lunch at the local.
Bit cooler today, which is pleasant for some (MrsD doesn't do heat, but I love it).
Might have to nip to ALDI for some essentials sometime today or tomorrow. Hope that the bog roll bandits haven't stripped the shelves!

pawl

Legendary Member
Difficult nights sleep last night. Another night of having to change pj tops due to sweating so much.
Another hot one today:wacko:
I will have a shave and shower before it gets too hot. Then "WE" are supposed to go shopping at 0800. Should be interesting as MrsDs clock doesn't start till 0830.
AND........
What has happened to the weekend weather forecast ??? It was supposed to be thunder storms with heavy rain.......now its dry all weekend.

BBC weather forecast for this neck of the woods shows rain thunderstorms the next three days,starting Saturday PM:rain::rain::rain:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Wandered into the “ office” and see that Mrs Tenkaykev has made a start on the Marmite jigsaw. It’s double sided so that makes it a bit more of a challenge!
5FB3B880-25CD-4538-9E6B-707F11F75902.jpeg

Top Bottom