The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

It's doing its best to break through here, but I won't be sorry if it doesn't make it to be honest. Feeling quite muggy though. Couple of small parcels due shortly then I might be tempted to have a siesta :laugh:

its 27 degrees here in the house, its hotter outside than in, and bright and sunny, I worked up a sweat pushing my Good Lady down the club, we got the bus back. It was a profitable afternoon, my Sister in Law won on the bingo and I won twice, Thursday afternoons down the club are only on once a fortnight but they are a good afternoon out, better than the weekly Monday night bingo.

Last edited by a moderator:

classic33

Leg End Member
its 27 degrees here in the house, its hotter outside than in, and bright and sunny, I worked up a sweat pushing my Good Lady down the club, we got the bus back. It was a profitable afternoon, my Sister in Law won on the bingo and I won twice, Thursday afternoons are only on once a fortnight but they are a good afternoon out, better than the weekly Monday night bingo.
What happens on the other week, when there's no Thursday afternoon.

Sun has just come out, temp now up to 19°.
Found a great little film on GCN this afternoon, Mark Beaumont and Jenny Graham doing a 4 day gravel bike tour of the Cairngorms, made last August. A mix of road, track, and pushing, numerous river crossings, a bit of sun, quite a lot of rain, 1 night camping and 2 nights in hotels. Very enjoyable, they make a good presenting team, and pitched at an authentic level. Would be nice if it got a more mainstream airing.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Sun has just come out, temp now up to 19°.
Found a great little film on GCN this afternoon, Mark Beaumont and Jenny Graham doing a 4 day gravel bike tour of the Cairngorms, made last August. A mix of road, track, and pushing, numerous river crossings, a bit of sun, quite a lot of rain, 1 night camping and 2 nights in hotels. Very enjoyable, they make a good presenting team, and pitched at an authentic level. Would be nice if it got a more mainstream airing.
Do you have a link?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
All the chores are done except watering the outdoor pots. Mrs P has gone to play tennis.

I planned sitting quietly outside with my glass of Lakeland Gold from Hawks Head brewery. Listening to the faint click of leather on willow from the club nets. Then I will investigate a very slow leak in the rear tyre on my gravel bike.

It's very warm, every house has thrown the windows wide open............and next door but one have an eight month old and two year old screaming their feckin' heads off!!!!!!!!

Back indoors then.......

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
This is definitely true in our local Tesco. Lots of products in very low numbers in a store where every shelf is usually bulging.

Same in our local ASDA.

I note, the news media are reporting this as due to staff shortage, due to lots of people being "pinged" by the NHS App, and having to say home and self isolate.

Now, I know I am a cynic, but, this sudden upsurge in people having to self isolate, just happens, to coincide with a heat wave ... hmm...

Top Bottom