The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Shelob
But still, she was there, who was there before Sauron, and before the first stone of Barad-dûr; and she served none but herself, drinking the blood of Elves and Men, bloated and grown fat with endless brooding on her feasts, weaving webs of shadow; for all living things were her food, and her vomit darkness

Has been evicted from the downstairs loo

actually 2 of them

Damn - when will Melkor just stop this!!!
How'd you manage it?

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd rather dodge sheep on Waddy Fell! 😂
I want to give it a go!

monkers

Veteran
@monkers @classic33 I wandered into the Transgender thread. 👏👏👏

That's all I have to say and I truly don't want to get involved. I don't have the intellect.

Yeh you do. I don't blame you though. I can't help being an advocate for anyone that some people try to exclude, and so obsessively at that; it's part of my nature that refuses to diminish even though I've had 3331 weeks on your planet earth and a few on planet zanussi before that.

Last edited:

mikeIow

Guru
I was just planning a ride to the Ribble Valley. I saw a little road at Bashall Town near Clitheroe which for some reason I hadn't noticed before on my many rides out there. The Street View car hadn't been down Back Ln but there is a photograph of Bashall Barn (or Bash Bar, as the sign seems to have renamed it! :laugh:), a wedding party venue.

View attachment 602285

My curiosity was satisfied, but then I noticed something. I zoomed in on the sign...

View attachment 602286

It is exactly halfway between Land's End and John O'Groats. I'm not sure where I thought the halfway point was, but I didn't realise it would be there!
692miles? I thought the shortest route was around 900 miles 🤔

Maybe that is a direct line between them?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
692miles? I thought the shortest route was around 900 miles 🤔

Maybe that is a direct line between them?
The 2 distances 'as the crow flies' are 298 miles to LE and 331miles to JoG.

If you have a crow that doesn't like flying over salt water, it would be more like it... roughly 341 miles to LE and 357 to JoG (with our crow flying safely over the Forth Bridge!)

Obviously, if you went by road, the distances would be much greater.

I reckon they made those numbers up! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning chaps and chapeses (and in line with Pauls comments) anyone in between.
Good sleep last night.
Question.......
Do you ever wake up thinking of what you would like for breakfast ?
Today I woke up thinking toast, marmite and grilled cheese.

Done some jobs already.
Washing to sort out next.
Hopefully after breakfast I will get a walk in.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
It's cloudy and grey outside.
After watching the track cycling, I will walk the dog and then go out on one of the bikes for a ride.:bicycle:
Fresh fruit salad, strawbs,, blueberries, nectarine, clementine and a plum with a dollop of Greek yogurt for breakfast. :hungry:

Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning little peeps.

I saw a thread as soon as I logged on and wish I hadn't. It's about rape and what is and what isn't. Good god almighty, I wish I hadn't. Won't take long before it's shut down. We should take bets as to how long it will take. Does anyone have any popcorn?

And I won.....diddly squat on the PB's this month.

Stay safe folks. :hello:

Top Bottom