The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
She is still around. She has a sore eye so is taking a break from screens to help it along.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The locals are still trying to get into collisions with me and my bike! :whistle:

I just did a very short ride (4 kms to pick up a Metro from the station and shop at Aldi) and in that time had...
  • An elderly (mid-70s?) man push a very elderly (mid-90s?) man in a wheelchair out into the road in front of me without looking. I had anticipated it and had already slowed and was steering round behind them. Both men looked surprised when they realised that roads actually do sometimes have traffic on!
  • Two young men chatting and walking along the pavement to my left in the same direction as me abruptly walked into the road to cross it diagonally in front of me. I had anticipated it and had already slowed and was steering round behind them. Both men looked surprised when they realised that roads actually do sometimes have traffic on! :laugh:
  • I was walking my bike over a pedestrian crossing. The motor traffic had stopped both ways for me. I had nearly got to the far side but double-checked to my left to make sure that no mad cyclist was whizzing up the inside of the stationary vehicles. Oh look - there WAS a mad cyclist whizzing up the inside! I stopped. He shot straight over the crossing directly in front of me, apparently fascinated by his handlebars, for that was what he was staring at as he passed me. He didn't even notice that I was there... :wacko:
Don't trust them - they are all out to get you!!! :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

Well it took three quarters of an hour and made an awful mess of the kitchen but I've done it, my big spider plant has been potted on into a bigger pot, I knew it had out grown its pot from trimming it the other week, but I hadn't realized how badly pot bound it had become, when I got it out of its pot I was surprised at how big and compacted its roots were. Now I'm expecting it to sulk for a couple of weeks before settling down.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm going to be eating runner beans, broad beans, carrots, onions, lettuce and garlic for the next month!:laugh:

Top Bottom