The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
A sunny start to the day here.
The track cycling starts shortly so I'll be watching that, then taking the dog out, and then cycling to the local shops for fresh fruit.
Next door to the grocers is the LBS, so some spares for fixing next doors bikes.
So another busy day in retirement.
To the new members of this elite forum, this how retirement can be:laugh:
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning all. :hello:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Bit overcast here this morning.
Hitching up in a couple of hours time and then towing the 31 miles back home.
It's been an enjoyable couple of weeks, although it was only intended to be a week away to start with.
Couple of things to do on the van when we get back - the fridge is burning a bit sooty on gas, I'll investigate and fix that as a priority. I've also got another USB point to install. Should keep me occupied for a while.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning all. Quite cool this morning but the sky is blue and the sun will appear soon.

Went to bed at 9.50pm last night and didn't wake till 7.30! Astonished by this. Having ridden on Saturday and Sunday I'm resting today. It will be domestics of every sort. The housework badly needs doing as I skipped it last week. I know what you're thinking - slovenly so and so. 🤭 I have a lot of French and Runner beans to prepare and blanch for the freezer.

The heating!! The boiler fired up almost simultaneously with me opening the back door to get the milk in. The setting has now been knocked down several degrees.

Time to put on a white wash before I do my exercises.

:hello::hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
A sunny morning and I'll be popping out for a jog in a short while. My Garmin watch suggested a 37 minute "Base Run" and advised: " You had poor sleep last night, but are still ready for this base run" I've just been discussing how far the technology has evolved since the day's of my Casio " Accelator"
Daughter and grandson are en route from Leeds, hopefully they will have been able to smuggle some Hendo's past the Yorkshire border patrol.

Have a peaceful day folks ☀️

Watching track at the moment - Gods those Chinese helmets look good!!

And Carlton is commentating - love him - he don't half talk some rubbish!

After that I need to go to the bank and deposit a load of coins

weather looks friendly so a ride is on for later

and I need to do some decorating - probably

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I went to the Co Op early this morning to beat the unwashed masses:laugh:

The shelves are unsurprisingly bare of goods. It was a bit disconcerting to be honest. Lots of signs up saying that deliveries have taken a hit due to lack of drivers

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day all.
Colin......good to know it turned out (relatively) well for you.
Aldi dash for me at 0750.......I should have gone yesterday but didn't fancy the Sunday rush.
Exciting day today......the window cleaner is coming.......strange phenomena.....window cleaner and its not raining:wacko:.
Did they have the onion and cup and saucer on Special Offer?

Top Bottom