The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We had an email from Octopus energy yesterday, informing us that we’d been switched to them following the failure of our old energy supplier Avro. I did some digging around and they seem a good organisation, offering things like a cheap overnight tariff for charging electric vehicles, plus on first reading it would appear that their “ Smart Meters “ allow rate switching.
Anyone here have real world experience of dealing with them?

Not with them but I hear they are trying to take over Bulb and that's who I am with. I do like bulb energy. I hope if it happens it will still be as good.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. That’s the longest I’ve stayed in bed for years! Wasn’t really sleeping but I could hear the rain rattling down so just lay as long as I could.

Hoping it eases enough for a walk later.

Tenkaykev

Guru
As much as my legs are almost goosed these days, I really want to try and get back into it no matter how slow I have to go. It gives me much more of a buzz than cycling.
I'm sitting in front of my laptop and wearing my running gear. Just waiting for my MoJo to kick in, and the school run to taper off. I'll do a run / walk and see how it goes. On our walk to Wimborne yesterday I bumped into a running friend who I'd not seen for years, he was a 2:19 marathon runner in his day. The other runner who stopped for a chat was one of the Ultra runners I know, he was midway through a 20 mile training run having completed an 80 miler a couple of weeks ago. In conversation he asked, " You doing much these days Kev? " . "10K's and parkruns " was my reply ^_^

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks ^_^ its a soggy start to the day here but hopefully brightening up later. Had a dream where i was chatting to and being 'friendly' with T'Pol of the star ship Enterprise...i may be watching too many StarTrek episodes :laugh: Going to strip down my old bike and re-grease everything which will help me get back into cycle maintenance. I used to do all my own motorcycle maintenance apart from the most modern bikes, when i would take it in occasionally and the mechanic would tell me things like "we've down loaded a new tune" okey dokey whatever that was....****** expensive though :rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm sitting in front of my laptop and wearing my running gear. Just waiting for my MoJo to kick in, and the school run to taper off. I'll do a run / walk and see how it goes. On our walk to Wimborne yesterday I bumped into a running friend who I'd not seen for years, he was a 2:19 marathon runner in his day. The other runner who stopped for a chat was one of the Ultra runners I know, he was midway through a 20 mile training run having completed an 80 miler a couple of weeks ago. In conversation he asked, " You doing much these days Kev? " . "10K's and parkruns " was my reply ^_^
Just noticed the running and walking forums seem to have disappeared. Sadly, they never really seemed to take off anyway. Maybe Shaun decided to remove them.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Molly is having a mad turn! 🐱 :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's going to be a max of 15 deg with rain here. :sad:
This is us for the day and there seems to be rain at some point pretty much every day for two weeks! I will definitely have to try getting into running again.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning folks, :rain::rain::rain: my Good lady has a physio assessment this morning, they're coming anytime between 9 and 12, I'm down the dentist this afternoon, I've got a broken tooth and it started to give me some serious stick the middle of last week, I phoned the dentist Friday and the earliest appointment was this afternoon so I've had to put up with it over the weekend.
You have done well compared to my dentist.
I waited 12 months to see her (ok....pandemic) then had to wait another 2 weeks for the filling.......that is tomorrow.
Personally I blame it on the lack of lorry drivers :rolleyes:

Top Bottom