The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
My Garmin thingy told me to “move” again so I went for a 3 mile walk, the first mile it was bloody cold, but after that I warmed up a bit :smile: still only 5c here

I rely on Mrs @BoldonLad to tell me to move. She claims I spend to much time sat on my backside, tapping away on the computer. I. always move when she tells me, very obedient I am ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
I haven't got any frost :sad:
We had severe frost on Monday but it must have warmed up.
Its grey and to quote a certain Welsh woman.......its cold but not as cold.
Domestics this morning. Paperwork this afternoon*
*I,am fighting to get a) a blue badge and b) disability allowance..........they do NOT want to help.
It's by appointment only for Blue Badges here. Only thing is you've to make the appointment, to collect the forms at on of three computers at the central library. Limited disabled access, the lift has been out of order more than in order, since they opened it.

You then go back once you've completed the paperwork, to make another appointment to be seen.

Absolutely lovely system.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was out doing my little 6 km loop today I saw a man three times, riding a cargo bike in different parts of town. I don't think that it had a motor, but I will take a closer look next time that I spot the bike. If it is only pedal powered then the rider must be pretty fit - he was doing some of the same little hills as me. The bike itself looked pretty heavy and obviously must be carrying a load much of the time.

classic33

Leg End Member
When I was out doing my little 6 km loop today I saw a man three times, riding a cargo bike in different parts of town. I don't think that it had a motor, but I will take a closer look next time that I spot the bike. If it is only pedal powered then the rider must be pretty fit - he was doing some of the same little hills as me. The bike itself looked pretty heavy and obviously must be carrying a load much of the time.
Black, with a large box on the front?
QVNIMTIzMjU5MTM2.jpg

Chances are it's a "Cargodale" bike and rider, doing deliveries. They have e-assist and they have two riders who go up Mytholm Steeps on a regular basis.

ColinJ

Black, with a large box on the front?
View attachment 619194

Chances are it's a "Cargodale" bike and rider, doing deliveries. They have e-assist and they have two riders who go up Mytholm Steeps on a regular basis.
It was similar to that bike but I can see the motor on that one. I certainly wouldn't fancy riding a cargo bike up Mytholm Steeps without e-assist! :laugh:

For non-locals who may have forgotten my pictures - this climb...

:eek:

ColinJ

You'll have a new bike in an afternoon with that rate!
It will only be a week's worth of mid-winter fuel bill, but I wasn't expecting it and 'every little counts'. :okay:

Next year though, when my immensely tedious and uninspiring soon-to-be award-winning and lucrative puzzle game has been unleashed on the world... :whistle:

Top Bottom