The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Grey and mildish here. Out for a short ride with my fellow pedalling pensioners at 9.30. I need to be home by 1.00/1.15 so may skip the cafe stop - also forecast for heavy rain at lunchtime.

Important meeting with my son's care providers this afternoon. Will be at Ewood tonight to watch the Mighty Rovers play the Posh........🤞Posh don't prove mightier than my lot!!!!

Take care. :hello:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello::cold::cold: morning very hard frost here -1c

Good morning all, a damp start here.
Yesterday’s telly highlight was a find on Sky Showcase, a channel that I didn’t know we had. “Royal Bastards : Rise of the Tudors” was littered with f’s and c’s and unstinting in its violence, not usually my sort of thing at all. But the story telling was compelling. Looking forward to next episode.
Afterwards I looked up what was happening in Scotland at this time. It wasn’t much better. While the houses of Lancaster and York were battling for the English throne the houses of Stuart and Douglas were doing similar here, albeit nothing like on the same scale.

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning, the oldies are the best, lol

1637744555883.png

D

Deleted member 1258

I haven't got any frost :sad:
We had severe frost on Monday but it must have warmed up.
Its grey and to quote a certain Welsh woman.......its cold but not as cold.
Domestics this morning. Paperwork this afternoon*
*I,am fighting to get a) a blue badge and b) disability allowance..........they do NOT want to help.

Are they the same there as here, my Good lady had to go for an assessment before she got hers, I had to take her a a place on Widdrington road for them to assess her mobility, at the time she was still mobile with the help of a walking frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning. Grey and mildish here. Out for a short ride with my fellow pedalling pensioners at 9.30. I need to be home by 1.00/1.15 so may skip the cafe stop - also forecast for heavy rain at lunchtime.

Important meeting with my son's care providers this afternoon. Will be at Ewood tonight to watch the Mighty Rovers play the Posh........🤞Posh don't prove mightier than my lot!!!!

Take care. :hello:
Bonjour. 9.30 till 1pm would be a long ride for me, about 40 to 45 miles. :whistle:
Dull and misty today .

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I haven't got any frost :sad:
We had severe frost on Monday but it must have warmed up.
Its grey and to quote a certain Welsh woman.......its cold but not as cold.
Domestics this morning. Paperwork this afternoon*
*I,am fighting to get a) a blue badge and b) disability allowance..........they do NOT want to help.
After my accident I was given a blue badge, had it for a number of years. After the test got harder I gave it up as it was more hassel than it was worth, I didn't mind jumping through hoops, but they wanted me to clap as well :sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
Bearing in mind Mrs D has MS, walks with a stick at best and a wheechair at worst, is blind in one eye, wears hearing aids, struggles with her hands, and remember, this is a progressive illness for which their is no cure, so we used to claim DLA as it was back then. Short of having no limbs, or being dead, it's difficult to actually be any more disabled for the purposes of day to day living. As such she got high rate mobility and middle rate living.

Then along comes PIP and the DWP take it all off her. I took them to court, DWP never even bother show up. I have 27 years experience prparing cases and giving evidence in court, so I represented Mrs D and stuck it right between the DWPs buttocks. The court give her a lifetime award of max living and max mobility, and sent a letter to the DWP censuring them and questioning the suitability of the staff employed by Capita to be doing the assessments. So the DWP ended up paying their own court costs, back pay, interest and a small amount of compo for the upset and distress their unlawful actions have caused.

As is typical with everything a government tinkers with, from DLA to police pensions, attempts to trim a few quid off the budgets usually costs them 10 times that in compensation.

D

Deleted member 1258

Bearing in mind Mrs D has MS, walks with a stick at best and a wheechair at worst, is blind in one eye, wears hearing aids, struggles with her hands, and remember, this is a progressive illness for which their is no cure, so we used to claim DLA as it was back then. Short of having no limbs, or being dead, it's difficult to actually be any more disabled for the purposes of day to day living. As such she got high rate mobility and middle rate living.

Then along comes PIP and the DWP take it all off her. I took them to court, DWP never even bother show up. I have 27 years experience prparing cases and giving evidence in court, so I represented Mrs D and stuck it right between the DWPs buttocks. The court give her a lifetime award of max living and max mobility, and sent a letter to the DWP censuring them and questioning the suitability of the staff employed by Capita to be doing the assessments. So the DWP ended up paying their own court costs, back pay, interest and a small amount of compo for the upset and distress their unlawful actions have caused.

As is typical with everything a government tinkers with, from DLA to police pensions, attempts to trim a few quid off the budgets usually costs them 10 times that in compensation.

Well done, my Good Lady is on DLA at the lowest level and has been for years, but they've never tried to move her to PIP, though that might be due to her age.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A very grey and damp morning here.
Off out soon to lunch at our friends new place, they moved in 4 weeks back. It's a flat in an old converted mill on the river Rib in Standon, Hertfordshire.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Top Bottom