The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tea, toast, and Frank Cooper's are next on the agenda
I was thinking that 'Frank Cooper' must be obscure cockney rhyming slang for some post-breakfast bodily function, but then I found THIS! :laugh:

I nipped out to get a Metro, via my 6 km lumpy singlespeed loop. Unfortunately, the PPP had struck and the paper stand at the station was empty. Fortunately, a hunt around the premises revealed a discarded Metro which I picked up and brought home. I would tear out the puzzle page, discard the rest of the paper, and wash the Covid virions off my hands. Obviously, the plague-ridden paper reader would have completely ignored the puzzle page. Only I was wrong... the PPPS** had got there before me! The otherwise pristine paper was missing the very page that I was looking for. Great minds think alike... and are probably used to solve the Times or Guardian crosswords. Lesser minds (such as mine and the PPPS) also think alike, but make do with the Metro****!

** Phantom Puzzle Page Snaffler

**** I have been solving Times Quick Cryptic crossword puzzles as well. I have 3 books of them and have so far completed 60 of the 280 puzzles. I don't really need the Metro puzzles, but they are easier and I like to see if I can complete them while drinking my afternoon pot of coffee. I have a book of Full Metal Times Cryptics but I am not at that level yet. I have only managed about 20% of puzzle #1 after hours of trying. More practice required.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Thank god all my grandchildren are adults now. My youngest grandsons (twins) are 19 and at Uni. At my advanced age i doubt I would have the patience to cope with one that small. Hopefully none of my grandchildren are anywhere near wanting to make Me a great grandmother (thank heck) :laugh:
When you’re grandchildren do become parents. They will say to say there miss behaving children, “ if your not good I will take you to see Great Grandma “ .:laugh:

12boy

Guru
On the Groucho Marx show there appeared a lady who had 19 kids as her claim to fame. Groucho said "19 kids, really?"
She puffed herself up and snottily informed that "l really love my husband". To this Groucho replied "l really love my cigars, too but I take them out of my mouth once in a while." Pretty racy for 50s US tv.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen! 1st!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
This is how I felt this morning after a crap night’s sleep due to eating far too much yesterday! :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, a trip into town yesterday, got theatre tickets, picked up daughters Christmas present from Go Outdoors and ended up by “ doing a Dirk “ and having a pub lunch! Such mid week decadence, I even popped into the shop near the bus stop and treated myself to a Kit Kat ( the “ diet “ version judging by the size they are now )
Time for coffee ☕️
stay safe folks 👍

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Doggie walking first thing - just round the block, as old dog doesn't go far these days and takes forever to do so. She'd rather stay in bed.
Then we're off to Lynton to meet up with our best mates from Minehead for a spot of lunch.
At this time of year Lynton is like a one horse town where the horse has died - hopefully, we'll find somewhere open.

Top Bottom