The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut. Got up at 9.30 this morning !!! :whistle: Half the day gone already and it is dull and wet today. I think the ride is cancelled so no idea what I am going to do later. I might go to Andy's Tyres and see about replacing the front two on the car or I might not.
Anyway, time to take Molly for her walk so :hello::hello:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A good, heavy sleep last night and woke at 0810....very nice.
Have I woken up in a different universe ?? There is a post from a guy called @Dirk which suggests he isn't going to have a pub lunch :wacko:
Maybe I should go back to bed.
He must be ill

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just read that again. I am quite content but those thoughts were a bit depressing.

Small person is two feet away in her high chair, Weetabix and pear puree have gone down cleanly, bagel in one hand Tomee Tippee cup in other, spoon on table...........

.......we are playing throw bagel, spoon and cup on floor and see what Grandad does..........Granddad is currently ahead as he sneaked another bit of clean bagel to her!!!! :laugh:
Thank god all my grandchildren are adults now. My youngest grandsons (twins) are 19 and at Uni. At my advanced age i doubt I would have the patience to cope with one that small. Hopefully none of my grandchildren are anywhere near wanting to make Me a great grandmother (thank heck) :laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
He must be ill
Nah......saving my money for tomorrow's lunch with best mates, somewhere in Lynton. :hungry::cheers:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thank god all my grandchildren are adults now. My youngest grandsons (twins) are 19 and at Uni. At my advanced age i doubt I would have the patience to cope with one that small. Hopefully none of my grandchildren are anywhere near wanting to make Me a great grandmother (thank heck) :laugh:
It's OK in fact WD. We're fortunate granddaughter is a very happy, content baby and is happy to be here. I put her calmness down to her parents.

Only had one bad day when she was proper poorly and couldn't get off to sleep.

All is good 👍

Chief Broom

Veteran
Phew that was a hard grind today :rolleyes: into a head wind for 10m then up my hill then whooshed back. Kept checking my mudguards were ok as they make a bit of noise here and there...no worries though wasnt anything loose.
Off for my booster jab in a while, nurse is really good with the needle can hardly feel it....terminology is always wrong though its not a 'scratch' its a god'damn 'prick' and always will be ....prickety prick prick prick! :laugh:

Top Bottom