The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Oh BTW @Dirk I have been instructed that it is fish Friday for us today. Takeaway but still fish, chips n mushy peas.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
No, that's a bit pricy even for moi!

Just this one.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.48.33.png

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I retired earlier this year. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the freedom to do whatever I want within reason. However, one thing I have noticed that I wasn’t expecting is that I now frequently dream about work. More so than I ever did when I was working. I don’t miss work at all and I chose to retire. The dreams are all just weird situations that don’t make much sense (as is often the case with dreams). The situations are often connected to the work I did before retirement. I just wondered if this is normal?
I retired nearly 4 years ago and I still have the occasional dream about work.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I retired nearly 4 years ago and I still have the occasional dream about work.
Nearly seven years for me. I still get the occasional dream, I use them as a reminder to phone a couple of ex colleagues who I worked with for over forty years and who became great friends outside the work environment.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Jeez! its wild out there :ohmy: just put the bin out and in the minute it took my hands were frozen....
Revised my Tesco delivery it seems a lot of items arent available. guess theres still delivery problems. Had to laugh when i typed in 'mouthwash' i do like the extra minty ones, anyhow i was scrolling down at the end of the listings when this featured...
Scrumbles Gnashers Dental Dog Treats 160G
Hee hee ah well i could give them a go i suppose :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know that iPads are excellent but my Samsung tablet is 'pretty good' and was 1/8th the price! If I could afford it, I would pay double the price for an excellent product but not 8 times!! :eek:

I have been lazing around in bed doing crosswords and playing puzzles but I suppose I should get up. TBH, since at this time of year I typically spend 23+ hours a day indoors alone, 6 days a week, there isn't a lot of point in actually getting up! It is warmer in bed than out...

I haven't bothered looking out of the window yet, but I reckon it will be looking grotty out there. If I can do my 6 km loop without getting soaked I will do that to shop and pick up a Metro. If I don't fancy the ride, I will do it as a less lumpy 3 km walk instead.

Hang on... (I realise that I can't leave you in suspense like this!)...

I retired earlier this year. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the freedom to do whatever I want within reason. However, one thing I have noticed that I wasn’t expecting is that I now frequently dream about work. More so than I ever did when I was working. I don’t miss work at all and I chose to retire. The dreams are all just weird situations that don’t make much sense (as is often the case with dreams). The situations are often connected to the work I did before retirement. I just wondered if this is normal?
I don’t know what normal is. I had to give up work 2 and a bit years ago due to stress. In those days I used to get woken up by anxiety dreams several times a week. They were often about work. Now I only get them a few times a month and they are rarely about work. I never consciously think about work at all, it was an awful time and I’m glad I can put the whole dreadful experience behind me now.

Top Bottom