The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I know that iPads are excellent but my Samsung tablet is 'pretty good' and was 1/8th the price! If I could afford it, I would pay double the price for an excellent product but not 8 times!! :eek:
Love my Apple stuff so don’t mind. I’ve tried other systems but not for me. Once you are used to Mac OS and all my gadgets can talk to each other it just makes sense to stick with it.

Just checked my old one and it was first generation so has done well. I should see an appreciable difference as they are on to fifth gen now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PS Work stress finished me off too. It took me years to stop having nightmares about it. Every now and then I have one now, but no longer 2 or 3 times a week.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Maybe I was/am fortunate but I really enjoyed my work.
I was sales manager for Europe so used to working on my own.
Towards the end I went on my own and enjoyed that.
When I retired I just switched off and that was it.
I do think about some of the people I worked with, some nice people but no bad dreams.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I went to the back garden earlier and the side gate came off the wall when I opened it, so check what my week end job is when the wind dies down a bit and the rain stops?
I was also making inquiries with the Frenchman who owns the bakery down the road as he watches French TV at home and he told me there are
40 000 new cases of Covid a day in France at the moment so I can see the country going on the red list soon.
Can't see myself going there in the near future.:sad:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

From my facebook page this afternoon.

Dave7

Legendary Member
.....and so the storm damage commences. local road.

View attachment 619466
Was ok before you ran past it and farted this morning :rolleyes:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Walked up the hill to collect my book from the Library. Popped in to one of the Charity shops and got a Scooby Doo DVD and colouring book for our Granddaughter. As I walked past the Bread shop it was empty so I popped in and came out with two eccles cakes and the biggest Custard slice you ever did see 😁
Bumped into someone who I'd not seen for several years, he used to come in to our workshop with some bits from his boat and we would usually sort him out. He once invited my colleague and I, plus our wives for lunch at the Yacht Club, but before lunch he took us out on his boat. It was quite a big boat and he got me to take the wheel as we were leaving the Harbour ( supervised by him of course ) My colleague was laughing and telling me how terrified I looked, then he got him to take the wheel and and the boot was on the other foot 😁
Walking back down the hill I had the wind behind me, it was starting to get squally but I got home in extra quick time.
Batten down the hatches folks 💨

Top Bottom