The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning. Was awake early so just got up. Better make the most of the morning before the wind and possible snow showers arrive later.

DPD delivery today as I decided to upgrade my ipad which is getting a bit long in the tooth. The most recent one is getting good reviews for speed and screen quality so hoping I’ll notice the difference. I use it a lot so don’t mind the expense too much.
I’ve got Mrs Tenkaykev the new iPad Mini complete with Apple Pencil ✏️ for Christmas. It had very good reviews and she’s just started her studies with the OU it will be handy for note taking and annotations , especially with the automatic writing to text.
My ancient iPad is struggling but I’ve already spent too much 🤔

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I've only ever been to IKEA once, and that was about 35 years ago when they opened the one Wednesbury. Only went coz they were doing a free lunch. The meatballs were OK though. :laugh:

I went to that one as well just after it opened. My brother wanted to see what it was like. The only time I have ever been in one. I wasn't impressed.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ooooo........how exciting. Just had a text from DHL which I thought was a scam. Went online on my laptop as a precaution, put in the tracking number and yes I have a delivery on its way.........

.........I have absolutely no idea what I ordered. Surprise!

Possibly a large grey elephant? 🤔🤣

Beware a parcel rapidly followed by a demand for payment.

Lozz360

Veteran
I retired earlier this year. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the freedom to do whatever I want within reason. However, one thing I have noticed that I wasn’t expecting is that I now frequently dream about work. More so than I ever did when I was working. I don’t miss work at all and I chose to retire. The dreams are all just weird situations that don’t make much sense (as is often the case with dreams). The situations are often connected to the work I did before retirement. I just wondered if this is normal?

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks, at least the rain has eased :okay: its now horizontal sleet. Ever been in a tent in a storm? not knowing if the poles will snap or will start leaking...well thats the feeling i have living in this cabin at the moment, quite stressful. Landlords living in Spain and doesnt give a toss, hopefully i'll hear from the council soon. :okay:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I retired earlier this year. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the freedom to do whatever I want within reason. However, one thing I have noticed that I wasn’t expecting is that I now frequently dream about work. More so than I ever did when I was working. I don’t miss work at all and I chose to retire. The dreams are all just weird situations that don’t make much sense (as is often the case with dreams). The situations are often connected to the work I did before retirement. I just wondered if this is normal?
Definitely not normal......I never give work a second thought now, either while conscious or unconscious! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning. Was awake early so just got up. Better make the most of the morning before the wind and possible snow showers arrive later.

DPD delivery today as I decided to upgrade my ipad which is getting a bit long in the tooth. The most recent one is getting good reviews for speed and screen quality so hoping I’ll notice the difference. I use it a lot so don’t mind the expense too much.
Would this be the one?
IMG_20211126_091712.jpg

Top Bottom