The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've been to Iceland and M&S but bought nothing in either. High levels of mask wearing in M&S, low in Iceland.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Fencing chaps coming this morning to replace our side fence - said they would be here by 0830. We shall see.
Central heating guy coming out at 1530......so he says.
So, not going anywhere today.

I have to say I’ve only been to costas and m & s since the rules changed and have seen a vast improvement in mast wearing . 😀
You've got sailing on the brain. :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
A trip to the physio in Wimborne for Mrs Tenkaykev this afternoon, fortunately the brewery tap room only opens on a Friday so that avenue of temptation is closed. We’re expecting delivery of a Z bed which will be useful when the granddaughter stays over. We looked around a bit and got one that is designed and manufactured in the UK from certified fire retardant materials. Coffee is next on the agenda ☕️
Stay safe and warm folks 👍☕️🍌

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.......just quick hello before I get stuck into some jobs.
A good sleep was enjoyed. Woke for pee at 0500 so put the heating on while up.
Set to be a cold but sunny day.
Daughter, SiL and grandson calling later armed with pasties and pies PLUS cakes.

A question.
Do any of you get even a bit confused with which bin(s) day it is.
We have a chart with coloured blobs for each week but they are so small we both struggle to tell.
I was quite sure it was blue, recycle day but just been out to check what every one else had done......nice to know I was correct.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
:angry::angry::angry: We now seem to be an early call on the DPD drivers round . This morning 7.20 I’m thinking about getting up , Bing-Bong ,I’m not quick enough he found the knocker Bang-Bang-Bang . Last week different driver , but the same stupid time . :angry::angry::angry:.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning. Brrrrrrrr. -1 frosty and very damp.:cold::cold:

I only get confused when the main bin day is. It's every 3 weeks, so I put it into my calendar on my phone for the whole year. Now the day before main bin day my phone tells me so Mr WD can make sure we fill it up ready for the next day.

Stay safe peeps:hello:

Good morning all, bright and frosty here. Very white frost, might be a sprinkling of snow.

After two and a half days my vaccine aches have at last worn off and I slept ok last night. Arm is still a bit sore but I can live with that.

Caught up with the final episode of the excellent Outlaws last night, very enjoyable. Fantastic script, fantastic cast, and even, apparently, a real Banksy rat ^_^

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
:angry::angry::angry: We now seem to be an early call on the DPD drivers round . This morning 7.20 I’m thinking about getting up , Bing-Bong ,I’m not quick enough he found the knocker Bang-Bang-Bang . Last week different driver , but the same stupid time . :angry::angry::angry:.

Yes, we had that last Saturday. Ordered a mobile phone, Friday, 07:00 Saturday morning, DPD ringing door bell. He was apologetic, said he couldn’t just leave it at front door.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks ^_^ Icy n dicy here in Brora, this weather is driving me crazy :wacko: either its raining/blowing or icy....if i get straitjacketed i wonder if i could have an exercise bike on the ward :laugh:

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Delivery drivers just put everything for us in a very large post box that we put at the bottom of the path beside the gate.

We have a post box that was originally an army box used for god knows what . it's about 2 feet tall, 18 inches wide and 10 inches deep with a comparable lid. Delivery drivers never knock on the door.:laugh:

Top Bottom