The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I have carried out a risk assessment, have abandoned cycling plans for today .

The north facing roof on a Neighbours barn/workshop. I use it as my frost checker .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A question.
Do any of you get even a bit confused with which bin(s) day it is.
We have a chart with coloured blobs for each week but they are so small we both struggle to tell.
I was quite sure it was blue, recycle day but just been out to check what every one else had done......nice to know I was correct.
No, because our collection takes it all every week!

Wheelie bins are alternate weeks. I have to put the bin out because they only collect from the gardens/yards of those incapable of doing it. My bin only fills up about once a season so if I forget one time then I just wait 2 weeks. I can always get more in.

I get emails from the council to remind me anyway.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just back from my run, today's schedule was " Stride Repeats x 10 " Jogged up to the trailway for my warmup. Glorious sun and not too cold as the trailway is sheltered from the wind. Glad I made the effort, I almost didn't bother after waiting in for our DPD delivery.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just back from my run, today's schedule was " Stride Repeats x 10 " Jogged up to the trailway for my warmup. Glorious sun and not too cold as the trailway is sheltered from the wind. Glad I made the effort, I almost didn't bother after waiting in for our DPD delivery.
Really hoping to get back into at least two or three short runs per week. As hard as it is, it still gives me a buzz :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A little walk this morning.
View attachment 620241
Nice - where's that?

SpokeyDokey

We got up at 8ish this morning and had a coffee.

Then went back to bed for a cuddle (sort of) and then crashed until well gone noon.

Had trouble finding the 2nd on my Freddo frog advent calander - found the sneaky bugger about 40% from the top of the left hand side.

Do we need spoilers for advent calendars on here? :snowball::laugh::snowball:

SpokeyDokey

We don't do "sharing". No secrecy or anything, we just operate our own current account, with a separate account for bills, which we both contribute to.

Works for us.

There is a little story about sharing however:

A number of years ago, I won a nice little bundle (£500) in the "Stiffs Draw" at the local pub.

One of my brother-in-law was present, he is a very nice chap, but, a bit "strait laced", IMHO. He commented that my wife, his. sister would not be pleased at me winning money, on the bases of someone's demise. I rang my wife, on my mobile, told her I had won £500 and told her I would give her £250. I then, gave the phone to my brother-in-law and said, "OK, ask her if she objects". Needless to say, the prospect of £250 of unexpected shopping stifled any dissent. ;)

It's interesting how different couples operate their finances - l think there is a thread about it somewhere on CC.

Everything we have is ours and is accessed jointly. Neither of us give a fig about what the other spends although we always discuss bigger purchases as part of our monthly review.

One of my S-I-L's operates the same system as you and like you say if it works for them that's great.

What we can't get our head around though is that they lend and pay back money to each other. :ohmy:

Top Bottom