The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We have snow again today, not a lot, just a light covering. That is twice in a week. I think, the last time we had snow lying was the year of the "beast from the east".

Tenkaykev

Guru
:angry::angry::angry: We now seem to be an early call on the DPD drivers round . This morning 7.20 I’m thinking about getting up , Bing-Bong ,I’m not quick enough he found the knocker Bang-Bang-Bang . Last week different driver , but the same stupid time . :angry::angry::angry:.
My Z bed order is coming via DPD today. I have the DPD app on my phone and had a notification earlier that it would be delivered between 08:35 and 10:35. the app shows a map that updates in real time so i can see that my driver, Alex, is currently making delivery No 11, and I'm delivery No 38. It's interesting watching the little van move around the streets on the map.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Morning all.......just quick hello before I get stuck into some jobs.
A good sleep was enjoyed. Woke for pee at 0500 so put the heating on while up.
Set to be a cold but sunny day.
Daughter, SiL and grandson calling later armed with pasties and pies PLUS cakes.

A question.
Do any of you get even a bit confused with which bin(s) day it is.
We have a chart with coloured blobs for each week but they are so small we both struggle to tell.
I was quite sure it was blue, recycle day but just been out to check what every one else had done......nice to know I was correct.
Nope! 😁

SpokeyDokey

I got £100 this month, Mrs @BoldonLad, £25. Mrs @BoldonLad isn't out of bed, so, doesn't know yet. I am pleased I am off out to the pub later, she will not be pleased that I have more than her ;)

Nice one!

She will be even more pleased if you tell her you have won £62.50 each. 😁

SpokeyDokey

Only £25 for me this month. Still, that's two consecutive months with a win after a few months of nowt 👍

Nice!

Sod all for us this month - again!

Bread and gruel for us for the next month.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning all, bright and frosty here. Very white frost, might be a sprinkling of snow.

After two and a half days my vaccine aches have at last worn off and I slept ok last night. Arm is still a bit sore but I can live with that.

Caught up with the final episode of the excellent Outlaws last night, very enjoyable. Fantastic script, fantastic cast, and even, apparently, a real Banksy rat ^_^
We really enjoyed the series though it was a bit darker in places than expected. I read it was a genuine Banksy, who is a Bristolian, so with the series being based there he got involved. A second series to come👍

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Nice one!

She will be even more pleased if you tell her you have won £62.50 each. 😁

We don't do "sharing". No secrecy or anything, we just operate our own current account, with a separate account for bills, which we both contribute to.

Works for us.

There is a little story about sharing however:

A number of years ago, I won a nice little bundle (£500) in the "Stiffs Draw" at the local pub.

One of my brother-in-law was present, he is a very nice chap, but, a bit "strait laced", IMHO. He commented that my wife, his. sister would not be pleased at me winning money, on the bases of someone's demise. I rang my wife, on my mobile, told her I had won £500 and told her I would give her £250. I then, gave the phone to my brother-in-law and said, "OK, ask her if she objects". Needless to say, the prospect of £250 of unexpected shopping stifled any dissent. ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Nice walk done, even although my right foot is continuing to bother me.

Thank goodness they have been round dealing with the fallen trees so no clambering this morning. Some geese in the field enjoying the water that gathers there. The guy in the house at the top of the field put a couple of platforms on the water for them and goes down to feed them some mornings. He has the house you can just see the corner of on the left and has just about finished building the other house which is going to be a holiday let so will make megabucks from it as

it is gorgeous.

Top Bottom