The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I’d rather buy an E Bike than that and don’t mention Velcro front fastening trousers
Hells teeth l just thought my cycling shoes have Velcro fastenings Oh the shame:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Velcro flies? WOW! Didn't know they existed..........

You all have permission, take me out and shoot me first.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Bloody hell! Takes me to reach my feet to tie my laces these days never mind get them up there! :laugh:
I can't find it now but did you see the one the other day. A good test of how fit and agile you are is to balance on one leg while you put a sock and shoe on, on the leg off the ground and tie the shoe then switch over and do the same with the other leg. I struggle to do that sat down never mind balancing at the same time!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
She asked if I would go over to fit them for her. I told her not to be silly, it is an easy thing to do, plenty of videos on YouTube to show how to do it if she couldn't work it out for herself....

Nope - PLEASE would I do it for her...?

I reminded her that there is a long history of her asking me to do jobs that she doesn't know how to do......
I was that naive before being seduced by a 32 year old school teacher.............she said she was researching for her book and could I help her. I did my bit. :laugh:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was that naive before being seduced by a 32 year old school teacher.............:laugh:
ColinJ wonders if he is interpreting that correctly...? :wacko:

I did misinterpret a (young) woman's message once... I was 18 and studying for my A-levels; she was 16 and studying for O-levels. She asked if I would help her with her homework. I said that I would but ended up getting sloshed at a pal's house instead. She would have to do her own homework... 3 hours later her angry brother phoned and berated me - she was crying in her room because I hadn't turned up. If I had known she was that bothered about her schoolwork, I'd have made the effort to go round! :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I walked to the station today to get my Metro. Something scary happened...

I was walking down a side street when a tiny girl came shooting round the corner into the street from the next road. She was on a little pink bike and was about the youngest child that I have ever seen riding a bike - about 3-4 years old? She should never have been unsupervised on a public road.

If there had been a car coming down the side street rather than me walking down it then it could easily have ended in tears.

I wondered what she was doing there alone - when I got round the corner I found out. Two women were about 50 metres away, walking towards me deep in conversation. Presumably, one of them was her mum. I thought about saying something to them about it but the last time I did something like that I soon had it pointed out to me that I had some effing business that needed my undivided attention!

I walked on in silence.

classic33

Leg End Member
I walked to the station today to get my Metro. Something scary happened...

I was walking down a side street when a tiny girl came shooting round the corner into the street from the next road. She was on a little pink bike and was about the youngest child that I have ever seen riding a bike - about 3-4 years old? She should never have been unsupervised on a public road.

If there had been a car coming down the side street rather than me walking down it then it could easily have ended in tears.

I wondered what she was doing there alone - when I got round the corner I found out. Two women were about 50 metres away, walking towards me deep in conversation. Presumably, one of them was her mum. I thought about saying something to them about it but the last time I did something like that I soon had it pointed out to me that I had some effing business that needed my undivided attention!

I walked on in silence.
Sadly the best way to deal with this sort of thing these days. They're quite free at handing out sex and travel advice if you dare say anything to them.

Top Bottom