The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Afternoon folks ^_^ Weather much improved, had a pleasant walk along the shore. Impressive breakers starting hundreds of yards out, lots of Dunlins, Sanderlings and Ringed Plovers. I dragged some fishing gear out of the water and up the beach- weighed a ton.
Oh dear just got an email telling me ive been refunded for a bar end mirror i bought on ebay.....thats good j hear you say....hee hee ive got a confession or admission of stupidity...Ok so got this mirror which is crap but didnt twig that the mirror has a fine plastic film which needs to be peeled of....oops! so i sent really nasty feedback....when the mirror is ok'ish for the money. I did try rectifying my mistake by changing the feedback but its too late theyve sent the refund...Feel guilty now theres some poor ***** in China slaving away in some sweat shop and now ive got a free mirror! :rolleyes:^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Afternoon folks ^_^ Weather much improved, had a pleasant walk along the shore. Impressive breakers starting hundreds of yards out, lots of Dunlins, Sanderlings and Ringed Plovers. I dragged some fishing gear out of the water and up the beach- weighed a ton.
Oh dear just got an email telling me ive been refunded for a bar end mirror i bought on ebay.....thats good j hear you say....hee hee ive got a confession or admission of stupidity...Ok so got this mirror which is crap but didnt twig that the mirror has a fine plastic film which needs to be peeled of....oops! so i sent really nasty feedback....when the mirror is ok'ish for the money. I did try rectifying my mistake by changing the feedback but its too late theyve sent the refund...Feel guilty now theres some poor ***** in China slaving away in some sweat shop and now ive got a free mirror! :rolleyes:^_^
I did something equally silly with the case for my new iPad. I tried it on the old iPad while waiting on delivery of the new one and stupidly thought it was too small and wrote a bad review, before realising that the external dimensions of the new one are actually smaller even although the screen size is the same. Fortunately it let me change it. :laugh:

Chief Broom

Veteran
I did something equally silly with the case for my new iPad. I tried it on the old iPad while waiting on delivery of the new one and stupidly thought it was too small and wrote a bad review, before realising that the external dimensions of the new one are actually smaller even although the screen size is the same. Fortunately it let me change it. :laugh:
Ive never been shy of giving a bad review or a right roasting! On ebay i find it pays off for getting refunds, so gave the makers of the bar mirror both barrels hee hee ^_^ but the poor sods didnt deserve it! the mirror is adequate for a cheepy and par for the course. The amount of venom i sent there way probably caused someone to have a nervous breakdown....:wacko::laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Ive never been shy of giving a bad review or a right roasting! On ebay i find it pays off for getting refunds, so gave the makers of the bar mirror both barrels hee hee ^_^ but the poor sods didnt deserve it! the mirror is adequate for a cheepy and par for the course. The amount of venom i sent there way probably caused someone to have a nervous breakdown....:wacko::laugh:

Your Huawei router will have transmitted your Id, If you did it from a Mobile, the local Huawei mast will have added your Id.

You will be "on the list", they will deal with you later ;)

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just had a delivery of a coffee machine for our daughters Christmas present. She likes coffee but her partner doesn’t like any hot drinks. We’ve got here a machine that takes ground coffee and makes a single coffee straight into a 420 ml insulated travel mug. It’s got a permanent washable filter, so no filter papers required, plus a timer that you can set to come on at the same time every day. Looks a good bit of kit.

D

Deleted member 1258

Peter gave us a good workout at yoga this morning, I'd missed a couple of weeks and could feel it towards the end of the class, I was finding some of the strength stuff hard work, by the time we break for Xmas I'll be on top of it again. I've helped my Good Lady with some Xmas cards and vacuumed the carpets this afternoon, now stopped for tea and cake.

12boy

Guru
Got in a slow but enjoyable ride but with 60 mph gusts I will give it a pass today. I will take Mrs 12 to get her Pfizer booster today and maybe some groceries at some point. Perhaps even a meal somewhere.
Whenever l become aware of discourtesy or other ugly behavior l always think of Lonesome Dove. Yup, the scene where Gus and Captn Call are told by a bartender they need to broom themselves off before entering his establishment. After pistol whipping the yellow crap out of the publican, Captn call tells Gus "l can't abide rudeness in a man". I do think the stresses of the Covid Thing have created a vast pool of simmering rage which results in eruptions of simmering rage.
Fortunately the wise and gregarious folks on this thread are not a bunch of fecking numpties.
Be safe and well.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
🎵 The nights are colder now, I maybe I should close the door........
Does nobody know the words :sad: come on sing along

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Apart from going to town to post something, I have done sod all and I intend to do sod all for the rest of the day.:laugh:

A question for the learned peole here, if you take something into the post office to post, do the staff ask you what is in your post? Whenever I have to have small jiffy bag to post they always ask me what's in it. As far as I am concerned that's my business not theirs

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Just had a delivery of a coffee machine for our daughters Christmas present. She likes coffee but her partner doesn’t like any hot drinks. We’ve got here a machine that takes ground coffee and makes a single coffee straight into a 420 ml insulated travel mug. It’s got a permanent washable filter, so no filter papers required, plus a timer that you can set to come on at the same time every day. Looks a good bit of kit.
Sounds good, can you give us a link?

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Apart from going to town to post something, I have done sod all and I intend to do sod all for the rest of the day.:laugh:

A question for the learned peole here, if you take something into the post office to post, do the staff ask you what is in your post? Whenever I have to have small jiffy bag to post they always ask me what's in it. As far as I am concerned that's my business not theirs
Yes, my daughter used to work in a post office, they need to know it's not a banned product or something that may need to be sent via special delivery. There is also a limit on what you can claim for if it gets lost or damaged so they may suggest you go up a level, if not it's at your own risk. They generally don't like doing it but they have to. I'm sure most people lie about it if it's anything dodgy anyway. I can't remember them now but she did once tell me some of the item you can and can't send and it was ridiculous.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

I think it’s in case it’s above a certain value and you are supposed to pay insurance or something to cover it if it’s lost or damaged.

Another walk done. The temperature is dropping and the gritters are out spreading so expecting a cold night.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes, my daughter used to work in a post office, they need to know it's not a banned product or something that may need to be sent via special delivery. There is also a limit on what you can claim for if it gets lost or damaged so they may suggest you go up a level, if not it's at your own risk. They generally don't like doing it but they have to. I'm sure most people lie about it if it's anything dodgy anyway. I can't remember them now but she did once tell me some of the item you can and can't send and it was ridiculous.

The trouble with Doing that is, if I make sure I know how much the postage is, i can just put it into Post box and no one will be any the wiser. Bit of a nonsense thing to ask in that case.:laugh:

Top Bottom