The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

From my facebook page this morning.

1642149529414.png

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
:cold::cold::cold: . The BBC say it’s -1 I’m not going out to check . It looks like another day my bike will stay in the velo cave . :cry:.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
For anybody vaguely interested, visit to hospital for 6 month check up re the bionic arm! The doc was happy with the metalwork, nothing has moved, I haven't got a screw loose (at least not in my arm) so they've signed me off. He did say that it was one of the worst he'd seen, which in a way makes me feel a little better, as it explains why it still hurts. It's still uncomfortable but it's as good as it's going to get now. Once the weather improves, I'm going to give the bike another try for the first time since my failed attempt in September when it was just too painful.
It'll maybe get better yet. My collar bone took several months before really feeling back to anything like normal. Even up to a couple of years I thought it was a bit niggly in cold, damp weather. Can't say I even notice it now unless something presses on that area.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's not in the stores.
Open Chrome and search for CycleChat.
Open CycleChat and look for the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen. Tap on those and scan down. The option to download the app was about 3/4 of the way down.
I don't use Chrome. Not sure I see any advantage of an app over the site anyway but thanks.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good Day to you all. Mild out and a clear sky. The birds are singing and it's still pitch black.

Today? Well I have some catching up on here to do, probably ring the DWP, make Chana masala for tea and a few other odds and ends.

Cycling wise I'm unhappy. My beloved Wahoo has thrown a hissy fit and reverted to set up mode. Scanning the bar code doesn't work this time. Google will be my friend? I hope.

Worse than this was yesterday's ride. 65 miles with good friends, lots of fun but it left me very, very tired. My first proper ride for a month; the legs are fine but my body was so very tired later. As one pal put it in the cafe "you've had a shite time recently." He's right, I have and the cycling aspect is a real bummer. There's work to do and I'm not sure where my mojo is. Part of me feels like knocking it on the head.
That reminds me of funny (true) story.
After my 1st cancer op I lost 3 1/2 pints of blood so was quite pale. The first time I was able to visit the loo on my own it was difficult to walk there and and back...... it left me exhausted.
As I walked into the ward the guy in the end bed (also a scouser called Dave) said "bloody hell Dave, you look like a bag of boiled shite"
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning folks :okay: mild and no wind so will try and do my 30 mile circuit today, will be wearing my crash hat so will be asteroid immune :laugh: Ive often wondered what it would be like to be taken out by something so fast there would be no time for remonstrance or a review of this weird n crazy existence....alive to not alive in a blink :ohmy: hmmm ah well , back to very very important things.. my toaster has arrived :laugh:
Hope its better than ours.
Which make/model is it.
Let us know if its any good please.

Top Bottom