The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good Day to you all. Mild out and a clear sky. The birds are singing and it's still pitch black.

Today? Well I have some catching up on here to do, probably ring the DWP, make Chana masala for tea and a few other odds and ends.

Cycling wise I'm unhappy. My beloved Wahoo has thrown a hissy fit and reverted to set up mode. Scanning the bar code doesn't work this time. Google will be my friend? I hope.

Worse than this was yesterday's ride. 65 miles with good friends, lots of fun but it left me very, very tired. My first proper ride for a month; the legs are fine but my body was so very tired later. As one pal put it in the cafe "you've had a shite time recently." He's right, I have and the cycling aspect is a real bummer. There's work to do and I'm not sure where my mojo is. Part of me feels like knocking it on the head.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm off for a Wordle! :hello:

Drago

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Yay....tis Fish Friday!:hungry::cheers:
The Aggi has started a 2 for 1 offer on fish n chips @ £9.95 so we'll give that a try today.:okay:
Boo, ita Friday. The peace, teanquility and routine of the week comes to an end as the workies all emerge to ruin the weekend.

Its nice having Mrs D and Mini D home, but I'm so used to being alone now that I get inwardly a bit tetchy about my routine being messed with :laugh:

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: mild and no wind so will try and do my 30 mile circuit today, will be wearing my crash hat so will be asteroid immune :laugh: Ive often wondered what it would be like to be taken out by something so fast there would be no time for remonstrance or a review of this weird n crazy existence....alive to not alive in a blink :ohmy: hmmm ah well , back to very very important things.. my toaster has arrived :laugh:

Good morning, world.

It's a bright and clear 1 degree on Planet Thanet today. It must have been cold in the night, as Mrs Salad reports that, during one of her excursions to the toilet in the night, the heating had come on, even though it was set very low.

Day 4 of COVID incarceration for me. But, in the context that it is my next door neighbours funeral today (80 something with a lot of medical issues: not a COVID case) then I have very little to complain about.

Mrs Salad resolutely refuses to catch COVID at the moment, so she will be doing the shopping later. I may split some logs once the funeral has departed.

Keep warm and keep safe, everyone.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ive often wondered what it would be like to be taken out by something so fast there would be no time for remonstrance or a review of this weird n crazy existence....alive to not alive in a blink :ohmy: hmmm ah well ,

Best way to go, like going to sleep and not waking up.

Tenkaykev

Guru
A belated Good morning folks,
I'd written this post earlier but the " Post" button has disappeared from my phone, so I'm on the laptop.
Anyway, I'm heading for the Turbo soon as it's too cold and icy to venture out yet, a random ride of 23Km, the " Wrenbury Loop" in Cheshire. The day started with me setting the coffee machine for a brew but forgetting to add water to the reservoir:ohmy:. In other news, one of the local pubs has now got some new local brews on the pumps, and is charging £3 per pint for cask ales🍻
Have a peaceful day 👍☕️

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
For anybody vaguely interested, visit to hospital for 6 month check up re the bionic arm! The doc was happy with the metalwork, nothing has moved, I haven't got a screw loose (at least not in my arm) so they've signed me off. He did say that it was one of the worst he'd seen, which in a way makes me feel a little better, as it explains why it still hurts. It's still uncomfortable but it's as good as it's going to get now. Once the weather improves, I'm going to give the bike another try for the first time since my failed attempt in September when it was just too painful.

Top Bottom