The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm watching a live launch of one of Spacex Falcon 9 rockets. It's the 11th time this particular booster has launched. It wasn't long ago that all rockets were built as expendable items, although they cost many tens or hundreds of millions each, that's like buying a Rolls Royce and throwing it away once you've reached your destination. It always looks amazing watching the booster land back on earth, decelerating from over a thousand six thousand km per hour! in a couple of minutes and landing within a few metres of the target area!

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm watching a live launch of one of Spacex Falcon 9 rockets. It's the 11th time this particular booster has launched. It wasn't long ago that all rockets were built as expendable items, although they cost many tens or hundreds of millions each, that's like buying a Rolls Royce and throwing it away once you've reached your destination. It always looks amazing watching the booster land back on earth, decelerating from over a thousand km per hour in a couple of minutes and landing within a few metres of the target area!
1642087910954.png

Name the background music?

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Afternoon folks :okay: havent been up to much as its still windy and i lose enthusiasm for riding. Did go for a short spin though and did some shopping leaving the beloved 201 chained up [quite capable of murder if someone tries to nick it!]
Re-soya milk, i much prefer that on cornflakes etc the sweetened variety that is. Bought a £1.50 size bar of Galaxy smooth milk....doubt if that will survive the day,im half way through already :laugh:

Only halfway?.... you are slacking ;)

classic33

Leg End Member

Top Bottom