The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was up 'early' today in case Amazon tried to deliver my new mouse, where early was 09:00. Well, if you had still been awake when @Mo1959 posted first thing today, then you would call it early too! Less than 3.5 hours sleep... :wacko:

They couldn't guarantee a delivery time but the van left Rochdale an hour ago so it shouldn't be too long before it gets here, unless there are 50+ people between Rochdale and here ALSO waiting for parcels.
The Eagle Mouse has landed! :okay:

Big new mouse on left, little injured mouse (no scroller wheel) on right...

I had got used to the size of the smaller mouse. The new one fits my hand better, but I will have to unlearn my 'small mouse claw grip'!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PS I know Amazon is annoying in several ways, but you can't fault their (Prime) delivery service... Mouse ordered late yesterday evening and delivered 14 hours later.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Reporting back on duty......please forgive me :rolleyes:.
I mentioned some months ago that a company that looks after the pensions for a multi national** wrote to tell me me I had pension pot which I was totally unaware of.
Since then there has been lots of complicated form filling and all sorts of evidence required.
That all seems to be fine but this week they asked for positive proof of id eg passport, driving licence and utility bill etc.
I had a certified copy done at the post office (9 quid) and posted it registered (9 quid).......so hopefully that is it.
The pot is worth 15 grand less tax. Then a monthly pension as well.
**its a Tarmac Group pension but I have no idea which company it can be.......we shall see.

D

Deleted member 1258

I like soya too. Maybe pure coincidence but since I stopped cow’s milk and started on the soya or oat, I seem to be having less hot flushes…..not something that will affect you! :laugh:

I've had them, most spectacular, bright red face and dripping with sweat, my Good Lady would just extract the water, a night one was a pain with having to change the bedding afterwards, thankfully I haven't had one for a while now.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Afternoon folks :okay: havent been up to much as its still windy and i lose enthusiasm for riding. Did go for a short spin though and did some shopping leaving the beloved 201 chained up [quite capable of murder if someone tries to nick it!]
Re-soya milk, i much prefer that on cornflakes etc the sweetened variety that is. Bought a £1.50 size bar of Galaxy smooth milk....doubt if that will survive the day,im half way through already :laugh:

Top Bottom