The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There's folk buying them for spares now.
I know. The ones that go for £50-70 might be worth a punt. Buy a new screen from China and fit it yourself? Or buy 2 broken phones with different damage and build one good one.

The trouble is that some people are asking £150, £200, £250+ for smashed phones with no guarantee - bonkers!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I may go for a new phone (e.g. like the Samsung A52s 5G that @PaulSB bought recently) at (say) £300-350, or a quality used one if I can get one that I like for well under (say) £250.

I'd quite like to try repairing a damaged phone but not one to be relied on as my main phone. Once I could afford to potentially waste £100-odd I might see what I can find on eBay and give it a go.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: interesting sky's here lately, yesterday evenings pic. Will go for a spin in a while :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Different publisher but yes appears to be the same. After a good laugh Mrs P was very pleased to see it as this brings together all sorts of bits and pieces which will need attention. Aside from practical things like bank details there's the opportunity to list people who should be informed etc. Very importantly I will be listing a couple of friends who I would want to be told personally. Two people I'd like my family to inform.

So while we've had a great laugh, Mrs P has sent a photo to loads of people, it is a good opportunity to think about things which are important, some far more important than where's the Will! :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Sky is clear, no frost, forecast for 6⁰C and :sun: I want my mojo back.:pump::bicycle::cuppa: heading to Southport with three buddies

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning people, its cold dark and frosty, I'm changing phone provider and have had the E Mail from Lebara that my new SIM card is on its way. I've got to take my Eastway down the LBS this morning, headset needs some attention, and I've got some housework to do, apart from that I've not a lot to do

Top Bottom