The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: im hoping for better weather today, yesterdays plans for a ride were scuppered by drizzle the fine misty type which if you wear specs is really annoying :rolleyes: Im becoming an amateur weatherman always looking for that weather window or 'Goldilocks' day...not too windy,, not too icy,, not too soggy....:okay:

monkers

Veteran
Good morning all. A grey looking day here and the forecast is that it will remain so. !0% chance of rain all day according to the Met. We have company arriving soon for the weekend, so unlikely to be cycling.

I struck lucky with the Wordle a moment ago, getting the first two letters in the first guess, so again, like yesterday I managed to solve it in 3.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all, it's quite misty down here today.
More dog walking, domestics and a bimble out on the bike for some essentials from the local grocers and butcher.
Then it will be back to the jigsaw, which is a bit infuriating, and the football on the radio.
Enjoy your day everyone :cuppa:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Gday gday gday everyone.
WoW....a cold one today with a heavy frost.
I got up at 0630 to listen to SoTS, had a pee, decided the bed was more attractive and went back.
Yesterday, for some reason, we both fancied a Chinese meal. The one we used to use (and enjoy) has closed down so we tried another which had good reviews. We ordered.......
Mixed Starter ie prawn toast, spring rolls, samosas, ribs etc......very generous.
Sweet n sour chicken with fried rice..
We ate most of the starter and today we will have the main meal.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Out of the shower, grab a pair of socks out of the drawer, split them into individual socks, toss one onto the bed, sit down on the bed to put the other one on, and then fumble round the top of the duvet searching for the other sock. Of course, I'm sitting on it. This happens on an almost daily basis. You'd have thought that I'd have cottoned on by now, but not me. Am I the only one that repeatedly does the same silly thing? 🤔

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Out of the shower, grab a pair of socks out of the drawer, split them into individual socks, toss one onto the bed, sit down on the bed to put the other one on, and then fumble round the top of the duvet searching for the other sock. Of course, I'm sitting on it. This happens on an almost daily basis. You'd have thought that I'd have cottoned on by now, but not me. Am I the only one that repeatedly does the same silly thing? 🤔
Yes but I'm not admitting to mine and it doesn't involve socks!

Top Bottom