The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I watched a film on Prime last night called " The father" with Anthony Hopkins. It is all about the effect of dementia over time. It is really frightening how a person loses all its identity , self esteem and self being fairly quickly.
Very well acted by Hopkins and food for thoughts too.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
And my reply button and emoji are back. Ta da :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I watched a film on Prime last night called " The father" with Anthony Hopkins. It is all about the effect of dementia over time. It is really frightening how a person loses all its identity , self esteem and self being fairly quickly.
Very well acted by Hopkins and food for thoughts too.
Yep......had it with my mother (we looked after her) and MrsDs mother when she actually lived with us. Both most unpleasant experiences.
I hope I don't inflict that on my family.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats annoying, I've swapped my phone network provider from Virgin Mobile to Lebara, all went well till I came to transfer my old number over, Lebara wouldn't accept Virgins PAC number, and I've now locked myself out of it,:sad: everything else went over fine, it looks like I'm going to have to phone them up.

Thats annoying, I've swapped my phone network provider from Virgin Mobile to Lebara, all went well till I came to transfer my old number over, Lebara wouldn't accept Virgins PAC number, and I've now locked myself out of it,:sad: everything else went over fine, it looks like I'm going to have to phone them up.
I switched from Virgin too, just yesterday in fact. Went to Giffgaff, touch wood seems to have transferred over without issue.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I went from plusnet to Lebara. I requested my PAC via the app and it was texted to my phone within a couple of minutes. There’s a very helpful guide to transferring your number on the Lebara web site.
I’m really pleased with the coverage, there’s a couple of dead spots locally but Lebara ( Vodafone) gives me great coverage.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I switched from Virgin too, just yesterday in fact. Went to Giffgaff, touch wood seems to have transferred over without issue.
I've been on giffgaff for years and have got on well with them, though their data deals ('goodybags') are a bit expensive compared to rival companies. GG piggyback on O2 which has a good signal here in the Calder Valley.

The phone I have just bought on eBay (I am still waiting for it to arrive) was used on ID Mobile, which piggybacks on Three. IDM do better value packages than GG so if it turns out that the phone is locked to Three, I would be tempted to transfer to IDM. The big question is though - what is the Three signal like here? :whistle:

I may switch networks to try it out. As long as I only topped up on IDM a month at a time, I could always switch back to GG or another O2-hosted network if the Three signal turned out to be unreliable here.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
That's good.

I haven't got a Wahoo device yet, but I may splash out on one later in the year. Which model have you got, what was the problem, and how did you fix it?
I have the Elemnt which is no longer in production and was replaced by the Roam. Apart from this issue the device has been faultless to date.

Wahoo set up and initial pairing is by scanning by using the app to scan a QR code on the Wahoo itself. To date this has always worked.

Thursday morning I switched on, connected my HRM and switched off again. When ready to set off I switched on again to see the setup QR. This has never happened before. Switched off and used Strava on my phone.

Later I made several unsuccessful attempts to scan. Tested the QR by scanning with the camera and a scanning app - both worked confirming the QR code is good. Unpaired phone and device with no success at pairing through the app. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing. Then I spotted a button marked "Manual" pressed it and instant connection.

So yes this has been a small issue. I suspect the app failed rather than the device. It wouldn't stop me recommending Wahoo as streets ahead of Garmin.

Top Bottom