The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
........it could be worse........

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Regular readers will be aware I've had a Wahoo issue for the last two days. It didn't last two days, just didn't put any real effort in to it till this morning.

You will also note I pressed the "Manual" button to fix things. The English language is complex, it's no wonder people can struggle to learn it. We have many words with the same spelling.........

Manual can mean "Instruction Book"

OR

it can mean the opposite of automatic

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I found the official Ofcom coverage checker to be excellent. I used the map option and zoomed out so I could see the known local deadspots, then selected the different providers in the drop down box.

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage
That suggests that Three and EE are poor here. I must ask my sister what network she is on, because she seems to struggle to get a signal in this house.

TBH - even though GG offer less data for the money than other networks, I never use the small (1 GB) monthly allowance that I have anyway. It would only be an issue if I went away somewhere without broadband and wanted to use mobile data instead. Mind you, the places that I have been to without broadband didn't have a mobile signal either!

I have the Elemnt which is no longer in production and was replaced by the Roam.
My cousin had a Wahoo last time I saw him. I think it was a 'Bolt'. I was impressed by it. I like the look of the Roam.

I just checked to see if the Bolt was still being made. It looks like there is a Mk II model because the one I saw had a colour screen like the Roam. Ah - YES! I would have to check the differences to decide which one to get.

D

Deleted member 1258

I went from plusnet to Lebara. I requested my PAC via the app and it was texted to my phone within a couple of minutes. There’s a very helpful guide to transferring your number on the Lebara web site.
I’m really pleased with the coverage, there’s a couple of dead spots locally but Lebara ( Vodafone) gives me great coverage.

Yes, it should have been easy but for some strange reason it didn't like the PAC code, its all sorted now though, I phoned them up and the fella sorted it out whilst I was on the phone, I'm back on my old number Tuesday. As long as theres no drama's when I swap my broadband later this month I'll be happy, I'm going from Talk Talk to Plusnet

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That suggests that Three and EE are poor here. I must ask my sister what network she is on, because she seems to struggle to get a signal in this house.

TBH - even though GG offer less data for the money than other networks, I never use the small (1 GB) monthly allowance that I have anyway. It would only be an issue if I went away somewhere without broadband and wanted to use mobile data instead. Mind you, the places that I have been to without broadband didn't have a mobile signal either!

My cousin had a Wahoo last time I saw him. I think it was a 'Bolt'. I was impressed by it. I like the look of the Roam.

I just checked to see if the Bolt was still being made. It looks like there is a Mk II model because the one I saw had a colour screen like the Roam. Ah - YES! I would have to check the differences to decide which one to get.

I'm on EE and find it excellent and I live in the sticks

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes, it should have been easy but for some strange reason it didn't like the PAC code, its all sorted now though, I phoned them up and the fella sorted it out whilst I was on the phone, I'm back on my old number Tuesday. As long as theres no drama's when I swap my broadband later this month I'll be happy, I'm going from Talk Talk to Plusnet

Talk Talk is total crap

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm on EE and find it excellent and I live in the sticks
It depends on exactly where your local phone masts are and exactly what the local hills are like.

I collapsed on our Cragg Vale climb and tried to dial 999 but couldn't get a signal on ANY network! A few hundred metres up or down the road and the signal is fine.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

I don't know how it is today but initially the Bolt and Elemnt had very similar functions. The deciding factor for me was screen size. A GPS unit on the bars is on the edge of the distance at which I need reading glasses. I can easily read the Elemnt but the Bolt is a struggle.

This aside I feel a larger screen and the detail it offers is worth the extra money.

Top Bottom