The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Doggie walk over at Broadsands first thing, then Sunday lunch at the White Lion - that's about it for today. :smile:

What's all that about, then?
Suggestion to Rename the Retirement Thread

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, I popped in earlier but ended up posting in the wrong forum, must be an age thing 😁
Drizzle at the moment but the promise of a balmy 10 degrees later. What’s this thread renaming that I’ve seen mentioned? Can’t find an original source.
Have a peaceful day folks ☕️👍

Good morning, world.

Day 6 of COVID confinement, and I shall be sticking a swab up my nose as soon as I have finished typing this and had my cup of tea. Yesterday's test was clear, so if I get a couple more clear ones I can escape Salad Towers on Monday......

5 degrees and a bit cloudy on Planet Thanet today. A nice day for a walk, if I were not in captivity!

Keep safe, everyone and have a good day.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
How does this happen? I am immensely pissed off. Ready early, very unusual, and in garage. Pick up Kinesis, tell tale white drip from rear tyre, inspect, tyre is completely deflated. Tubeless! OK I'll take the Cervelo. Off the wall, attempt to release valve core on rear tyre, solid, it's glued up. Tubeless. Look at third bike. Hmmm? Haven't ridden this in 8 months.

Feck. Feck. Feck. Ride abandoned and a morning of maintenance beckons............................clearly I need four bikes.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
I am with Welshie......damn then all to hell. Don't know who "them" are but damn them anyway.
Very little planned for today.
I might climb into the shower.
Footy on TV later.
I think we are on jacket spud with bolognese for lunch.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
How does this happen? I am immensely pissed off. Ready early, very unusual, and in garage. Pick up Kinesis, tell tale white drip from rear tyre, inspect, tyre is completely deflated. Tubeless! OK I'll take the Cervelo. Off the wall, attempt to release valve core on rear tyre, solid, it's glued up. Tubeless. Look at third bike. Hmmm? Haven't ridden this in 8 months.

Feck. Feck. Feck. Ride abandoned and a morning of maintenance beckons............................clearly I need four bikes.
Glad I have ignored any temptation to go tubeless. Sounds like more hassle than it's worth, especially for road bikes.

I am now suitably steeped and have sat down with my porridge. Just need to let it cool a bit or I will burn my gob. :laugh:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Fog again this morning, not to thick so I’m going out soon . It’s an NNM ride that’s Nobby no mates . As much as I like my club mates I’ve decided it’s not worth the risk of sitting in a steamy cafe with them at the 11’s stop .
WOW! Yes, I hadn't considered this. Going to the kitchen is risky, upstairs fraught with danger, but at least I know what they're called..........change the names and I might never get there.
Kitchen! Ours is called the food storage and production facility.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's misty outside again this morning, but not cold.
What's all this nonsense about renaming the forum? Some interloper trying to muscle in on the knowledge, wisdom and sound advice given on these pages:laugh:
Off to the daughter's place later for a walk, and a cup of tea:cuppa:
Got wordle in 5 today
Wordle 211 5/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Enjoy your day everyone :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Glad I have ignored any temptation to go tubeless. Sounds like more hassle than it's worth, especially for road bikes.

I am now suitably steeped and have sat down with my porridge. Just need to let it cool a bit or I will burn my gob. :laugh:
Are you all warm and wriinkled Mo?
Must say, I have never been tempted to go tubeless. There must be some advantage as keen cyclists like Paul have them but the old tube and puncture kit suited me

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: Surely the onus is on the new thread starter to express what its about rather than others to kowtow :okay:
Think i'll give the old legs a rest today as dont want to overdo it....and its also windy..
I was musing on bike apparel...yesterday i set of wearing a textile motorcycle jacket which was ok at first then 10m up the road i started 'boiling in the bag' :rolleyes: so took the inner liner out and sailed down a hill and ****er me, i was freezing! :laugh: So my quest for perfect 'Goldilocks' weather now extends to perfect 'Goldilocks' clothing :laugh:

Top Bottom