The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't know how it is today but initially the Bolt and Elemnt had very similar functions. The deciding factor for me was screen size. A GPS unit on the bars is on the edge of the distance at which I need reading glasses. I can easily read the Elemnt but the Bolt is a struggle.

This aside I feel a larger screen and the detail it offers is worth the extra money.
That is increasingly the situation for me too, but I bought a pair of cycling glasses with reading inserts along the lower edge of the lenses so I might get away with the smaller screen.

At the moment I am still using an Edge 500 and an Edge 200 which both have screens with a 4.8 cm diagonal size. The new Bolt screen diagonal is 5.6 cm, and the Roam is 6.9 cm. Maybe I should just accept the inevitable and go for the Roam! :laugh:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good news. My son finally managed to get an appointment at the French Embassy for his French passport. That will help him greatly when working in the EU, he won't need a work permit.
We may go to France next month for a couple of weeks, just me and him. He will meet his 4 uncles he hasn't seen for ages in Orleans, then down to the Pyrenees to see a niece and finally up to La Rochelle for another niece. Should an interesting two weeks.

D

Deleted member 1258

From Instagram tonight, lol!

1642275940111.png

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been on giffgaff for years and have got on well with them, though their data deals ('goodybags') are a bit expensive compared to rival companies. GG piggyback on O2 which has a good signal here in the Calder Valley.

The phone I have just bought on eBay (I am still waiting for it to arrive) was used on ID Mobile, which piggybacks on Three. IDM do better value packages than GG so if it turns out that the phone is locked to Three, I would be tempted to transfer to IDM. The big question is though - what is the Three signal like here? :whistle:

I may switch networks to try it out. As long as I only topped up on IDM a month at a time, I could always switch back to GG or another O2-hosted network if the Three signal turned out to be unreliable here.
Beneath "lousy".
Reliable signal ends somewhere the far side, for you, of Hebden Bridge.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Rename the thread? :eek:

Good grief! Are we ready chaps? Man (and woman of course) the battlements. Barricade the doors. :boxing:

@Dirk do not let them cross your palm with silver.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning. Only just got the wordle on the last go. :laugh:

If they rename the thread I might forget where to come :laugh: Surely easier just to start a new thread for serious retirement issues if that’s what’s required.
WOW! Yes, I hadn't considered this. Going to the kitchen is risky, upstairs fraught with danger, but at least I know what they're called..........change the names and I might never get there.

I'm going out for a ride in a couple of hours. If things change please leave me a note.

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning. Only just got the wordle on the last go. :laugh:

If they rename the thread I might forget where to come :laugh: Surely easier just to start a new thread for serious retirement issues if that’s what’s required.

Good idea, but we must be careful we don't have too many retirement threads, whats wrong with asking on here or starting a specific thread about a specific question?

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks, seeing family later, video call with our eldest tonight. I have a confession to make, I forgot to turn the heating off last night, woke up this morning in a warm bedroom. that won't do our power bill any good.:sad:

Top Bottom