The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day people. Looks like a decent day is dawning, dry and mild. Granddaughter is coming this afternoon and it's film club this evening. Film club takes place monthly November to March. On our row four households are great friends, 38-39 years or so. Been through a lot together. Each households chooses and hosts a film and we all get together. Thanks to Covid this the first since February 2020.

Me? WOWSER! Today looks busy. Apparently I didn't do enough cooking last week and I'm expected to feed me and Mrs P every night this week. :ohmy: I keep a task list on my phone. Just had a scan through that and there's loads of minor things I should do. So it's going to be:
  • Menu planning
  • Aldi dash
  • Check America flights for October
  • Work through Task List***
*** some of this is incredibly mundane, check when WBA tickets go on sale, order meds, read utility meters. Thing is without a list I forget - completely. Life would be quieter.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks. Strange dreams last night, I think influenced by having watched a few episodes of “ Foundation “ on Apple TV.
Nothing planned for today, might go for a run if I can get “Mo-tivated” 😁
Time for coffee ☕️
Stay safe folks 👍

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I admit that I do keep an eye on Rovers.
I last visited your ground many years ago when the stand was newish and you were owned by Jack whathisname.
Good man. It was Walker. Uncle Jack as he is fondly remembered to this day. He brought Kenny to Ewood. Which reminds me.

On the M62 from the Leeds direction there's a point where the road is high above a valley to the right and a reservoir on the left with a big water tower. I was heading towards Manchester around midday, Five Live on the radio, probably at 75-80mph when the sports news came on "Kenny Dalglish has joined Blackburn Rovers as manager." Quite how I stayed out of that reservoir will never be known.

Great days!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oh yes I need to shop:
  • New bib longs - current ones are disgraceful
  • New saddlebag
  • Tyre glider tyre lever - prepared to risk it
  • New light battery**
** current rechargeable one is 10.5 years old and just beginning to have shortened running time. Last two rides it only lasted +/- 4.5 hours.
On the side it says I need a "18650 Lithium ion, 3.7V, 2400 mAh, 2 Amp, PROTECTED" It means nothing to me......... Vienna.......

Enough procrastinating. I will return at elevenses with an exciting update.

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning people, smilie bar back where it should be, good. Carer was here at seven, apparently she first knocked at six but we didn't hear her, family gathering this morning, and I must do the ironing later, we're running out of clean clothes.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Can't see anything in my post that would suggest that.

Don't think I know that joke.
Twas a teenage joke.
Noddy walks down the road, meets the postman and says "I am off to meet my very best friend Bigears"
Then he meets the police man and tells him "I am off to meet my very best friend Bigears.
(Add as many characters as you want)
Eventually he arrives at Bigears house and knocks on the door.
Bigears opens the door and says "what do you want you little wooden headed b*stard.

I did say it was a teenage joke:rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Twas a teenage joke.
Noddy walks down the road, meets the postman and says "I am off to meet my very best friend Bigears"
Then he meets the police man and tells him "I am off to meet my very best friend Bigears.
(Add as many characters as you want)
Eventually he arrives at Bigears house and knocks on the door.
Bigears opens the door and says "what do you want you little wooden headed b*stard.

I did say it was a teenage joke:rolleyes:
I must be a bit slow this morning. I don't get it? :sad:

Top Bottom