The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
There's a lovely little cafe run by the local butcher and his family next to Aldi. This looks like good value for next Friday evening.
That does look like a great deal, far better than one of the chain type pub lunches. When we ate at a pub on the quay just after Christmas, one of our group just wanted beans on toast. When it arrived it consisted of a couple of huge doorsteps and what must have been the best part of a whole tin of baked beans, all for the princely sum of £3.50 👍

D

Deleted member 1258

There's a lovely little cafe run by the local butcher and his family next to Aldi. This looks like good value for next Friday evening.

Looks good to me. :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Morning all

I have no idea how you lot post stuff before 9!!

I can;t get my brain working before that - $deity knows what I used to do at work
or, for that matter, how I drove there!:eek:

anyway - back has been 'off' for a few days - pulled a muscle or something - so no cycling
even more annoying is that the last ride has disappeared from Strava
it was there when I got home but seemed to have trouble downloading to the main system when I finished it
My wife gets a text message when I go out so she can see where I go - and hopefully if I stop for too long she will ring for an ambulance!!!
anyway - she reckons that when she looked I seemed to be wandering at random all over Warrington - when in reality I just skirted the West part of it and headed home
Think it must have gone totally screwy sometime around then
may be due to lack of storage - which I can't upgrade!

as a result Strava makes it look like I haven;t been out for over a week!

on the good side a nice lady has asked to follow me on it!
seems like a nice person
not sure why a young (looking from her profile picture:laugh:) from the USA wants to follow some old fat bald bloke from Widnes - but clearly my charms haven't diminished over the years:okay:
I do wonder why her profile seems to mention a web site with the words 'pussy finder' in it
wonder if she thinks I like cats as well??

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all... Late again, still I've done the Wordle, Sudoku, Codeword and a card game :thanks:

Wordle 218 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Do you think they make any difference? I'm not convinced.
Yes, I do. I've been taking 500mg daily for perhaps ten years at the suggestion of my GP. At the time I had early onset arthritis (obviously still have) in my left hip and this certainly seemed to ease things. Since then I've been able to get rid of the discomfort completely through exercises and stretches, good advice and shoe supports from a friend who is a podiatrist.

Top Bottom