The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Family gathering this morning, almost a full house, two missing.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Oh yes I need to shop:

• New light battery**
** current rechargeable one is 10.5 years old and just beginning to have shortened running time. Last two rides it only lasted +/- 4.5 hours.
On the side it says I need a "18650 Lithium ion, 3.7V, 2400 mAh, 2 Amp, PROTECTED" It means nothing to me......... Vienna.......

Enough procrastinating. I will return at elevenses with an exciting update.
@PaulSB keep us posted on your search. I’m on the look out for a reliable ( non exploding when charging) replacement battery pack . I’m very wary of the Ebay Chinese battery packs .

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just back from lunch which was very good. We had the nut roast which came with Yorkshire pud, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, roasted parsnips and roast potatoes. All washed down with a pint of " Speak Out " from local brewery, Barefaced Brewing. Really struggled to finish it but just about managed. We were sitting having a bit of a post meal natter when the waitress asked if we would like to see the dessert menu. We were both stuffed but decided to just take a look.
And that's how I ended up with a portion of Sticky Toffee Pudding that was about the size of a half housebrick! After a mile walk back from the pub I'm just about ready for a nap.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Very strange, unless the State Pension in Ireland is much greater than here in UK. ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just back from lunch which was very good. We had the nut roast which came with Yorkshire pud, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, roasted parsnips and roast potatoes. All washed down with a pint of " Speak Out " from local brewery, Barefaced Brewing. Really struggled to finish it but just about managed. We were sitting having a bit of a post meal natter when the waitress asked if we would like to see the dessert menu. We were both stuffed but decided to just take a look.
And that's how I ended up with a portion of Sticky Toffee Pudding that was about the size of a half housebrick! After a mile walk back from the pub I'm just about ready for a nap.

View attachment 627867
Oh that looks delicious. Funny how you can always squeeze pudding in even when you think you’re stuffed. :laugh:

Top Bottom