The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@PaulSB keep us posted on your search. I’m on the look out for a reliable ( non exploding when charging) replacement battery pack . I’m very wary of the Ebay Chinese battery packs .
Will do. I've emailed the UK distributor for Lezyne and hope they can help.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And that's how I ended up with a portion of Sticky Toffee Pudding that was about the size of a half housebrick! After a mile walk back from the pub I'm just about ready for a nap.

img_2014-jpg.jpg
Hmm - I wouldn't mind tackling that! :hungry:

Oh dear, I've just had an embarrassing flashback... :whistle:

I once had a meal in Keswick with my girlfriend and stepdaughter. We'd been out walking on the fells all day so I was really hungry, but the food took ages to arrive. As a result, the 2 pints of strong lager I drank went straight to my head and I was chuckling merrily as we ate the main course.

We liked the look of the Sticky Toffee Pudding, so when the waiter came over and asked about desserts I announced in a slow, thunderous, slurring, crowd-silencing voice - "My... girlfriend... would... love... a... big... stiffee.............. er, tocky pudding! :tongue::blush::ohmy:
:eek:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Am I missing something......its not on till 1900
It was a repeat. That’s the new one on now.
I enjoyed Around the World in 80 days.

Do you think they make any difference? I'm not convinced.
Mrs Salad had trouble with a knee years ago, and doctor suggested that they would be beneficial, so she started taking them. Her knees still give her a bit of pain from time to time but by no means all the time.
I cannot offer any real evidence of efficacy. However, she thought it worth a try, and, as I was having problems with a shoulder, I started taking them too.
At about £4 for 90 tablets they don't break the bank and I feel they keep some of the aches and pains away.

Just done today's Wordle - SCARY - just snuk in on the last line!!

anyway - cottage pie for tea tonight
we have an arrangement - I make the pie - my wife does the gravy to go on it

Also had visitors - brother-in-law plus partner and son came round

strange to have visitors - only son and his family have been here since the start of Covid - yesterday SIL came round - today BIL

not sure I can cope with all the excitement!!!

Top Bottom