The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Someone is either up incredibly early, or staying up much later than usual... :whistle:

I've finished watching the 3rd series of Narcos Mexico, so I might as well turn in now and (re)read a few more chapters of On Writing.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all,
Failed miserably at this today's wordle.
Another grey, cloudy day weather wise.
A bimble out on the bike later to meet my son for a burrito lunch at midday.
The usual dog walking to be done and some domestics so enough to be going on with.
The first of the bin lorries have been down, the recycling one is always first.
Another busy day in paradise beckons. :cuppa:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning one and all.
Very early night and a reasonable sleep was had.
I await a phone call at 0900. I have probably said but we are trying to claim attendance allowance. I am using a guy who is an expert.....he gathers all needed info and puts the claim in.
Assuming its successful he charges the equivalent of the 1st 2 weeks we get.
Money well spent imo.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all. Cold but clear. Just popped in for a quick hello :hello: as I have a joiner arriving in 45 minutes. Need to be ready for him.

Bike ride after this. Then it's Rovers tonight. Biggest game of the season so far. Win and we go second. This is the first real pressure match these youngsters have faced - 6 are 21 or younger. My stomach has a knot in it now, tonight will be agony for 90 minutes. Sorry to witter on, you have to be a football fan really, a proper one. This game is huge for my club.

Behave till I'm back.

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning people, a squeaky wordle this morning, at four before I got a green letter but managed it in 6, I need to take my good lady down the doctors later then we're down the club tonight, and there might be a bimble later.

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning one and all.
Very early night and a reasonable sleep was had.
I await a phone call at 0900. I have probably said but we are trying to claim attendance allowance. I am using a guy who is an expert.....he gathers all needed info and puts the claim in.
Assuming its successful he charges the equivalent of the 1st 2 weeks we get.
Money well spent imo.

My Good lady is on DLA and can't get attendance allowance or carers allowance, and they've they've turned down our appeal for an increase in DLA

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Awoke to the serenade of seagulls in Minehead this morning.
Our mates put on a super Sunday lunch - roast Exmoor lamb with all the trimmings and apple & blackberry crumble for afters. :hungry:
Had a good old evening putting the world to rights and watched a film.
Staying on a bit this morning and we're taking them for lunch later at the Ship Inn in Porlock.
Back home this afternoon. :okay:

Good morning, world.

4 degrees, dull and overcast on Planet Thanet today.

Good news: we've both tested clear for COVID this morning. That means I can go to the pub tonight with the singing group. Mrs Salad will stay home: she has a hospital appointment next Monday which has been postponed once already, so she plans to "isolate" this week. Therefore I will mainly be doing the shopping today, by myself.

Keep safe everyone and have a good day.

Top Bottom