The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a short ride this morning.While I was tootling along I got to thinking why do sporting events like track cycling ,running any sport that uses a circuit go in an anti clockwise direction.What would happen if the organisers said today’s events are going to be run clock wise..

Just going to plant some anti anti sod it Snap dragons while the you put your minds to coming up with an answer
Now where did I put my trowel.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Not just track events
  • Merry-go-rounds and other carnival rides
  • Revolving doors
  • The chariot race in Ben-Hur
  • The usual direction in which people spin Hula Hoops
  • Aircraft carrier landing patterns

"The Superior vena-cava collects de-oxygenated blood to the heart aided by heart suction. This vein carries blood from left to right across the body. Centrifugal force due to anticlockwise running helps this suction. If we run clockwise, the centrifugal force impedes suction. Clockwise running tires people faster."
and/or
"Because of the effect of the Earth's rotation, in the Northern Hemisphere an athlete running anti-clockwise will have a slight advantage, resulting in a faster time. In the Southern Hemisphere, this effect is reversed but, as the sport grew up in the Northern Hemisphere, anti-clockwise races have remained, despite the international status of athletics. Evidence of this phenomenon is that none of the current world track records have been set south of the Equator."

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The sun's out and we are sitting in the garden eating Hot Cross buns and supping an ice cold 6.6% Fruity IPA......Oh! The decadence! :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why not see the practice nurse at your GP Surgery? Ours will perform this rather unpleasant task. xx(

Oh, I just checked... they might still do it at Todmorden Health Centre. I am heading down there for my blood test soon. I will ask at reception while I am there.
Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.

The health centre do indeed offer this service, but I have to be referred by a GP. I booked the first available appointment with a practice GP which was... June 22nd!

After that (if the GP okays it), I suppose it will be a case of waiting for an appointment at one of the Monday ENT clinic sessions. It could easily be another few weeks/months wait for that.

I can see why people just pay to have it done privately. If it were £25-30 I probably would too, but for £75 I will put up with another couple of months of semi-deafness.

I'll try olive oil drops again to see if I can speed up the natural ear self-cleaning process before June.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for the suggestion, Paul.

The health centre do indeed offer this service, but I have to be referred by a GP. I booked the first available appointment with a practice GP which was... June 22nd!

After that (if the GP okays it), I suppose it will be a case of waiting for an appointment at one of the Monday ENT clinic sessions. It could easily be another few weeks/months wait for that.

I can see why people just pay to have it done privately. If it were £25-30 I probably would too, but for £75 I will put up with another couple of months of semi-deafness.

I'll try olive oil drops again to see if I can speed up the natural ear self-cleaning process before June.
Follow the link given by @numbnuts, it says £55 for one or both ears, including hearing test.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Follow the link given by @numbnuts, it says £55 for one or both ears, including hearing test.

£55 may not be £75, but it isn't £25-30 either!

With luck, the GP will see obvious signs of wax, and I get an early subsequent appointment at the ENT clinic.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Tenkaykev

Guru
Top Bottom