The Retirement Thread

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Ironing done and bedding in the wash.
I can't find my summer dressing gown has anybody seen it :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Our other best mates are coming down from Redditch, so it will be good to all meet up again
I think that you need to look up 'best' in the dictionary... :whistle:

A bit like 'The first singer had a unique talent. The second one had an even more unique talent'! :laugh:

I thought that I was done with heating until the autumn but it got chilly at midnight so the convector heater was back on for a couple of hours.

I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. It is too soon to be catching Covid again so it should not be that. I hope that it doesn't amount to much because I am going to Devon in a week's time and I want to be able to do some hard cycling down there.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I've just declared it is a chocolate cake Friday which is in the oven right now, and I have a nice loaf raising nicely too :smile:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
We have two couples that we have been friends with for 40+ years.
I class them all as best mates. It would be disingenuous of me to discriminate between them.

I had a "best man" at my wedding, but never had any best mates.......if fact I haven't got any mates
the ones I had are all dead :sad: the ones I thought I had turned out to be dud.......

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We have two couples that we have been friends with for 40+ years.
I class them all as best mates. It would be disingenuous of me to discriminate between them.
I get what you mean but it raises the interesting question of how many people/things can be 'best' at the same time...

You could have a million oranges and they are all 'best quality' but only one orange could be the 'best' orange.

I had a "best man" at my wedding, but never had any best mates.......if fact I haven't got any mates
the ones I had are all dead :sad: the ones I thought I had turned out to be dud.......
Why don't you meet up with some CycleChat members for a bike ride?

I have met lots over the years; many multiple times. We are not what people mean when they say 'best mates' but we enjoy doing forum rides together a few times a year, having a natter as we go along, or sit at a cafe.

Top Bottom