The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Well, I'm finally back in the land of the cyclist. 432 days since the accident and finally felt like trying to ride again. A tough 6.3 miles at an average of 13.8mph, not very far and not very quick but I did it on 2 wheels.:wahhey:The arm was a bit painful but I managed it, now to start slowly building up again. I need to work on my core strength as I lean on my hands too much, which is causing the pain in the elbow but it's a start.

Well done, speeds not too shabby either.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Where to?
Knott End?

Fleetwood Knot End ferry.jpg

We caught it on a couple of my forum rides years ago.

On our 'Flattish Seaside Century' forum ride earlier in the year, we took the little ferry from Fleetwood to Knott End. The tide was pretty much out so the ferry was sitting very low in the water. The crew had put a metal ramp up to the concrete jetty above where we were standing with our bikes and we had to pass them down one at a time to a burly sailor below. Once the bikes were safely on board, we had walk down the damp metal ramp at a 45 degree angle, while wearing cycling shoes. The inevitable happened and italiafirenze slipped and fell down into the ferry. Fortunately, said burly sailor caught him and prevented a faceplant on the deck! :thumbsup:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day all. It's a bit grey outside with a breeze which with the gardening chores I have suits me well. My tomatoes suffered in yesterday's heat so will enjoy a less stressful day.

Small person is here as we did a sleepover last night. About midnight she got agitated and upset and has slept between us all night. I'm not feeling on peak form at the moment........🤭 I have coffee Mrs P and small person are sleeping.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Morning all.
Woken by the sound of the PA system at the Outlaws Half Triathlon, about 2.5 km away as the crow flies.
Can't be much fun for anyone closer, and the organisers will certainly have made no friends.

I have four bottles on my bikes, all picked up from the roadside after previous events, though I think they're a bit stricter on discards lately.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
A quick good morning to one and all.
I 'suddenly' woke at 0530 so got up..... ready to go back now.
Breaking news.....Ukraine won the Eurovision :rolleyes:

Gosh. Well I'll be, I didn't see that one coming.......

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks, its been raining during the night and its a tad damp, the forecast for the next couple of days is for showers so it looks like our tidy up of the outside of the house will be delayed, I'll be glad when the scaffolding come down its making getting the wheelchair in and out of the house interesting.

Top Bottom