The Retirement Thread

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Glorious Lancashire should live up to her name 'tis bright, sunny, still already.

Much of yesterday's walk was into a 15mph headwind, I ache. In 55 minutes I have to set off to the meet point for what for me will be +/- 110 miles, possibly 114. No organisation involved from me, just along for the ride. We have a ferry crossing Knott End to Fleetwood and I'm told two cafe stops. I'm told we won't be late home but it's a steady pace. This does not compute. Steady is what? +/- 15mph avg? Also riding the coastal promenade cycle path from Fleetwood southwards which is shared use, by the time we hit Blackpool it will be chokka with dogs, children etc.

At 15avg it's 6.5 hours ride time for the 💯 plus say 1 hour for cafes, 20 minutes ferry and we're at 8 hours. Mechanicals?? I've hinted we should skip one cafe but this fell on deaf ears. Gonna be a long day.

:hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.

First mug of tea has been drunk whilst listening to Tony Blackbum on the radio.

Wordle done in 4:okay:

Various things to do today before I become an armchair sports fan. The FA cup, Giro D'Italia, but what to do this evening when the Eurovision thingy is on🤔

Enjoy your day everyone.

dave r

Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner
Got the Wordle in 3 but failed on the Dordle, I've used the word but didn't know it was spelt like that, I'll try the Quordle later.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off to Minehead in an hour or so for a weekend get together with our best mates - yes, all four of them.:tongue:
Going to be forced to watch Eurovision tonight. :wacko:
On Sunday, we will be going to the Minehead Model Flying Club's event. There is a national attempt to get the most planes in the air at any one time and the MMFC are participating.

Dave7

Guru
Morning all :hello:

Off to Minehead in an hour or so for a weekend get together with our best mates - yes, all four of them.:tongue:
Going to be forced to watch Eurovision tonight. :wacko:
On Sunday, we will be going to the Minehead Model Flying Club's event. There is a national attempt to get the most planes in the air at any one time and the MMFC are participating.

IMO if you have 4 good mates and have had them for years you are really blessed.....good on you.

Top Bottom