The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooooeeee. Dull and overcast for us but my weather ap says it's going to be nice later on so Fingers crossed.

Stay safe peeps:hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.

First mug of tea has been drunk whilst listening to Tony Blackbum on the radio.

Wordle done in 4:okay:

Various things to do today before I become an armchair sports fan. The FA cup, Giro D'Italia, but what to do this evening when the Eurovision thingy is on🤔

Enjoy your day everyone.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off to Minehead in an hour or so for a weekend get together with our best mates - yes, all four of them.:tongue:
Going to be forced to watch Eurovision tonight. :wacko:
On Sunday, we will be going to the Minehead Model Flying Club's event. There is a national attempt to get the most planes in the air at any one time and the MMFC are participating.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Off to Minehead in an hour or so for a weekend get together with our best mates - yes, all four of them.:tongue:
Going to be forced to watch Eurovision tonight. :wacko:
On Sunday, we will be going to the Minehead Model Flying Club's event. There is a national attempt to get the most planes in the air at any one time and the MMFC are participating.

IMO if you have 4 good mates and have had them for years you are really blessed.....good on you.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. A dull start for us but it's gradually getting brighter and warmer.

A 6 mile hill walk done, some shopping bought and just sat down with a bowl of porridge with blueberries so the world is good. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am waiting for the sun to ease off a bit so I can go out without sunblock on. I burn easily but I reckon that late afternoon/early evening should be ok. Some of my route is sheltered and I will change direction a lot so I will get grilled from all sides. :laugh:

Meanwhile, I have an adjustment to make to my puzzle game. I just discovered that the 'safe area' reported by the phone does not take into account the curved corners of the screen. I have safely kept away from the selfie camera cutout (and curved corners) at the top but the curved corners of the bottom of the screen are lopping off the very corners of my game grid. It does not stop it working but it looks bad.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The jerking-off JCB guys have been busy... The old Adamroyd mill site I mentioned recently has been comprehensively cleared.

I just found out that the new housing development seems to be going ahead. (As expected, otherwise the would-be developers probably wouldn't be spending all that money clearing the site. Unless of course they were legally obliged to?) There is a public meeting at nearby Todmorden Cricket Club on Tuesday for Tod residents to talk to the developers. I might go along and ask a few questions. I was wondering if they are putting electric vehicle charging points in for each vehicle space, and if not, WHY not! It would be nice if they put some secure bike storage in as well.

The local streets are already semi-blocked by parked cars, so I hope that they put AT LEAST 2 parking spaces per house on this new development because there is nowhere nearby that could take many more parked vehicles.

I took a look at some of the planning documents online. They mentioned that the large stone walls surrounding the site should be retained and repaired. Well, large stretches of them have now disappeared! Maybe the stone blocks are being stored somewhere off site and the walls will be rebuilt once the rest of the development has been completed?

The town does need more housing, and the derelict site was an eyesore. This 'brownfield site' is the kind of place that new housing should be built, rather than on some pristine meadow, just because developers find that more profitable.

Top Bottom