The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,
We’re back from our travels, good to sleep in our own bed again💤
Woke in the early hours to a banging noise, Mrs Tenkaykev had put the breadmaker on a timed program 😮
Physio this morning to try to sort out my calf, it’s in Wimborne so I’ll need to walk / bus / bike, depending how my fancy takes me.
Have a peaceful day folks ☕️☀️

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks, painter man here shortly, friend round for a gossip and a trip to a local garden centre later.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Something has been put through my letterbox - It is a large bulging envelope with nothing written on the outside, containing lots of photocopied pages. I have a bad feeling about it...

According to the documents contained within, the twin towers coming down on 9/11 was caused by munitions placed by Israeli students. We fought on the wrong side in WWII. Hitler had the right idea. Boris Johnson is Jewish. The Holocaust never happened. Vaccines are an international conspiracy to control us and make us subject to the will of...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Page after page of mindless extreme right wing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.. :wacko:

It is scary to think that these fruitcakes are wandering the local streets at night! :sad:

Well it'll save on loo rolls if nothing else.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Having a stroll down to the village to pick up a bit of shopping first thing.
Lawns to be mowed when I get back.
Planning our next getaway last night, once the van's fire is fixed. We fancy a couple of weeks in Cornwall mid June.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well it'll save on loo rolls if nothing else.

As long as it isn't rough.
It is on printer paper, so a bit too Izal™-like for me! :laugh:

They have also printed on 100% of both sides of all the sheets so I can't even use the paper to write shopping lists on.

The reason that I am awake so 'early' is that my pal just popped her head into my room to say goodbye after our tea/TV night. I am now feeling as though I am in the twilight zone - half awake and half asleep. :wacko:

It is a lovely morning, apart from that ever-present wind. I feel tempted to put up with only 3.5 hours sleep for now and go out on my bike once the morning rush hour is over. I could skip breakfast and have a shower/lunch/snooze when I got back.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been waiting such a long time
Looking out for you
But you're not here
What's another year?
I've been waking such a long time
Reaching out for you
But you aren't near
What's another year?
What's another year
To someone who's lost everything that he owns?
What's another year
To someone who's getting used to being alone?
I've been praying such a long time
'Cause that's the only way to hide my fear
What's another year?
What's another year
To someone who's lost everything that he owns?
What's another year
To someone who's getting used to being alone?
I've been crying such a long time
With such a lot of pain in every tear
What's another year?
What's another year?
What's another year?
8,760 hours, or
525,600 minutes, or
31,536,000 seconds.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Having a stroll down to the village to pick up a bit of shopping first thing.
Lawns to be mowed when I get back.
Planning our next getaway last night, once the van's fire is fixed. We fancy a couple of weeks in Cornwall mid June.

Do you ever take, or think of taking the van abroad ??
Mid France is beautiful, quiet and you can drive for many miles with hardly a car to be seen.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It is on printer paper, so a bit too Izal™-like for me! :laugh:

They have also printed on 100% of both sides of all the sheets so I can't even use the paper to write shopping lists on.

The reason that I am awake so 'early' is that my pal just popped her head into my room to say goodbye after our tea/TV night. I am now feeling as though I am in the twilight zone - half awake and half asleep. :wacko:

It is a lovely morning, apart from that ever-present wind. I feel tempted to put up with only 3.5 hours sleep for now and go out on my bike once the morning rush hour is over. I could skip breakfast and have a shower/lunch/snooze when I got back.

aaahh IZAL.....a toss up between that and the Liverpool echo ^_^

Top Bottom