The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I hate walking in the rain, I'd sooner just take a

View attachment 644984
You'd save on water though.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
On that note - when out pation a d drive were done a few years ago they used that - it is advertised as 'brush in'
Problem is that a lot of it has just crumbled and fragmented

I had a bloke round (stop sniggering at the back!!!) to see what it would take to fix it and he said a lot of people just brush it in and leave it but it really needs pushing down properly otherwise there can be air gaps - water gets in, freezes and destroys it

Yep, I've read this. If it's brushed in dry the results are poor. Mix it to a slurry with lots of water, hence the hosepipe, and it works according to the reviews.

12boy

Guru
Had a chance to get a little riding in. Very nice. 20 miles yesterday on the Surly Steamroller which has a Sturmey 3 speed and the same route today with my Brompton which has a BikeGang 3 sprocket setup. 34C with a little breeze and much to my surprise the Brompton was a little faster. It is funny how 10% faster can take a lot more than 10% more effort.
Be safe and well....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Something has been put through my letterbox - It is a large bulging envelope with nothing written on the outside, containing lots of photocopied pages. I have a bad feeling about it...

According to the documents contained within, the twin towers coming down on 9/11 was caused by munitions placed by Israeli students. We fought on the wrong side in WWII. Hitler had the right idea. Boris Johnson is Jewish. The Holocaust never happened. Vaccines are an international conspiracy to control us and make us subject to the will of...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Page after page of mindless extreme right wing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.. :wacko:

It is scary to think that these fruitcakes are wandering the local streets at night! :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
Something has been put through my letterbox - It is a large bulging envelope with nothing written on the outside, containing lots of photocopied pages. I have a bad feeling about it...

According to the documents contained within, the twin towers coming down on 9/11 was caused by munitions placed by Israeli students. We fought on the wrong side in WWII. Hitler had the right idea. Boris Johnson is Jewish. The Holocaust never happened. Vaccines are an international conspiracy to control us and make us subject to the will of...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Page after page of mindless extreme right wing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.. :wacko:

It is scary to think that these fruitcakes are wandering the local streets at night! :sad:
They back in the area again!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They were "hit and move on" the last I heard.
Couldn't have you mixed up with anyone else, next door neighbour maybe?

It didn't look it was aimed at anyone in particular. There was also a leaflet urging people to contact the police about "injuries and deaths caused by the Covid-19 vaccines". Too much of my life wasted on that nonsense already - to the recycling bin with it all!

classic33

Leg End Member
It didn't look it was aimed at anyone in particular. There was also a leaflet urging people to contact the police about "injuries and deaths caused by the Covid-19 vaccines". Too much of my life wasted on that nonsense already - to the recycling bin with it all!
Don't blame you for getting rid of it.
Last time I heard of that being done, it was UFO cover-ups, the illuminati taking over, and what sounds similar about the vaccines/covid, only it was BSE and how we were being "fed" the contaminated meat.

You realise you're in the UK's Area 51?

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Soz......that was a mistake......Ireland actually won it, honestly

You've ruined it now!
I was going to watch the voting to see who'd won.

I have to wait another year now.

I've been waiting such a long time
Looking out for you
But you're not here
What's another year?
I've been waking such a long time
Reaching out for you
But you aren't near
What's another year?
What's another year
To someone who's lost everything that he owns?
What's another year
To someone who's getting used to being alone?
I've been praying such a long time
'Cause that's the only way to hide my fear
What's another year?
What's another year
To someone who's lost everything that he owns?
What's another year
To someone who's getting used to being alone?
I've been crying such a long time
With such a lot of pain in every tear
What's another year?
What's another year?
What's another year?

Top Bottom