The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh I forgot.

Someone, apologies i can't remember who, asked about EasyJoint a product I've used......no, behave you lot.........to repoint the York stone flagging at the front of the house.

It's very good. Easy to apply, doesn't stain the stone and leaves no gaps. Happy to recommend. One tip though you must have a hosepipe available, it would be impossible without. It's expensive but for the small area I wanted to do it was good value compared with the hassle of the sand and cement alternative. I don't have a pointing tool and used the back of a spoon. Given me a far better result than I could achieve with sand and cement.

On that note - when out pation a d drive were done a few years ago they used that - it is advertised as 'brush in'
Problem is that a lot of it has just crumbled and fragmented

I had a bloke round (stop sniggering at the back!!!) to see what it would take to fix it and he said a lot of people just brush it in and leave it but it really needs pushing down properly otherwise there can be air gaps - water gets in, freezes and destroys it

D

Deleted member 1258

From my Facebook page this morning, ye oldie postcard. ^_^

1652696253361.png

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I just had a look at the schedule for tonight.
Nothing took my fancy. Yet another new celebrity on celebrity "comedy" show on BBC2
I love the Beeb to bits, but they are trying my patience with all the celebrities and reality shows.
Mind you, the commercial stations are just as bad.

They are all jumping on the bandwagon to make cheap nasty reality crap with so called schlebs that I have never heard of. A way of getting more bang for your buck as Americans say. :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have had the leftover chicken casserole from yesterday. My weather ap says we can expect rain at 2 pm.

All my bedding is dry and put away and clean bedding is on the bed.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Well, the caravan fire is out and I've despatched the PCB to the repair man. Should have it all back and working again next week.*
IMG_20220516_115609259.jpg

IMG_20220516_115618229_HDR.jpg

* Does that sound confident? The thing was a right b***h to remove - can't see it being easier to reinstall. :sad:
Still...I've probably saved myself about a grand by doing it myself.:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, the caravan fire is out and I've despatched the PCB to the repair man. Should have it all back and working again next week.*
View attachment 644973

View attachment 644972
* Does that sound confident? The thing was a right b***h to remove - can't see it being easier to reinstall. :sad:
Still...I've probably saved myself about a grand by doing it myself.:okay:
You've marked everything for when you reassemble everything?

Top Bottom