The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh - am I really so easily forgotten... :cry:

I just rang my sister to discuss my arrival in Devon next week and she was not expecting me! She had brought my visit forward by a week because she is having repairs done to her cottage the week that I had originally planned to go down, but she must have forgotten to write the new dates of the visit in her diary. Good job that I reminded her!

Ah yes, that is something that I noticed about myself in photos. Remember me saying that my left leg is shorter than my right? I tend to plant my right foot flat and raise my left heel when standing, trying to stand upright rather than leaning to the left.
Just think, if you'd turned up as planned and there wasn't a bed for you!

We can't blame PaulSB for that then.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
Rain overnight, :rain:It's a bit cloudy and breezy at the moment.
I can hear the first of the bin lorries coming down the road, the blue recycling bin lorry is usually the first one.
Todays round of dog walking and then domestics will start the day off.
My tomato plants now need to be potted on and some will go out into the garden.
Another busy day in paradise :cuppa:

pawl

Legendary Member
I was just thinkng the same thing.

If your interested Bosh The Legacy is on Amazon Prime Video

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off down to the caravan this morning to do some maintenance. I've got to remove the fire to get to the PCB. This entails removing the front of the fire, uncoupling the gas supply, disconnecting the flue, removing the gas and electric elements, which entails getting under the van to unbolt the fire unit to get to the PCB which, for an electronic device, is situated in just about the most ridiculous position you could think of for a sensitive bit of kit. A new PCB is around £140 for a tiny circuit board.:eek:
Fortunately, I've found a guy down in Cornwall who repairs them for a living. He replaces the burnt out components with higher quality ones and charges £35. :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Dull, grey and 60-90% chance of rain all day. Happy with this as my allotment needs a good soak, especially the beans. I don't subscribe to the idea of watering vegetable plants as they become accustomed to it and don't send out roots looking for water. The beans really do need a drink.

Other stuff? Well there are things to do. All of it too mundane to bother mentioning!! Now you know it must be REALLY mundane stuff. 🤣

I have to buy a child's car seat for the small person on the days she's with us. Complicated? What? When our lot were little sitting them in a card board box with a bit of bubble wrap was it!!!

My car has "isofix." Hmmmmm.......I found this out when I started searching for a car seat. The question arose "Does your car have isofix?" Errrrrrr...........I'll go and have a look. 🤣🤣

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oh I forgot.

Someone, apologies i can't remember who, asked about EasyJoint a product I've used......no, behave you lot.........to repoint the York stone flagging at the front of the house.

It's very good. Easy to apply, doesn't stain the stone and leaves no gaps. Happy to recommend. One tip though you must have a hosepipe available, it would be impossible without. It's expensive but for the small area I wanted to do it was good value compared with the hassle of the sand and cement alternative. I don't have a pointing tool and used the back of a spoon. Given me a far better result than I could achieve with sand and cement.

Top Bottom