The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Can't compete with @Mo1959 and her marathon walks, we managed only 5.5 miles today, but, some photographs to show for it (Teesdale, near Barnard Castle):

IMGP0254.JPG

IMGP0255.JPG

IMGP0252.JPG

IMGP0253.JPG

D

Deleted member 1258

Lol!

1660753075426.png

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A damp overcast start to the day here. The overnight rain has stopped, but it is quite sticky.
The domestic goddess that is me, has the washing machine on, and some vacuuming to be done a bit later on.
After muttley has been walked I'll get out on the bike for a while.
Another busy day in paradise :cuppa:

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello:Good morning all, washing machine on, bins to be emptied, floors to be mopped, out to lunch later and then down the club for the afternoon.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Arranging a viewing of a house later on. Will ring estate agent when they open at 9am.
On paper it has pretty much everything we want - 4 bedrooms, garden, garage, workshop, overlooking open countryside and.......an annexe with kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom - ideal for when friends visit.
It's only 9 miles away from our best mates, as well. :smile:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day. Slightly overcast but pleasantly warm. I have a load washed and on the line plus another in the washer. Started general downstairs tidy before cleaning.

Disaster has struck. We have a small wine chiller in a cupboard in our porch. A damaged Pepsi can was chilling in the chiller. Opened door.....hmmmmm. One extra chore for today.

Great 95 miler yesterday. Legs were good but last night generally fatigued and bad cramp in a muscle I didn't know existed. We visited Service Course cafe/bike shop. It's very poor. Coffee and teacake OK but coffee half finished and cold before teacake arrived. I'd do the ride again but not the cafe. Poor bike shop by any standards.

On our ride we discussed next year's France tour. Buddy asked if I have a kit list and last night I dug one out from 2014!!! Updated this to reflect new bike etc. I don't believe this kit will fit in a fancy bike packing bag but I'll have to test it out. That's gonna be fun.......I love tour planning.

Top Bottom